Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player we miss most

Legend

User Info Menu

Player we miss most

...is JuJu. This offense needs him and his ability to get tough third downs. Bigger loss than many will admit

Got to resign him
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree, hope we can lock him up.

Who do you think we miss more on defense, Tuitt or Alualu?

Should we try and sign Haden?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I agree, hope we can lock him up.

Who do you think we miss more on defense, Tuitt or Alualu?

Should we try and sign Haden?
    Miss Tuitt the most. I'd go DL in Rd 1 of the draft

I'd sign Witherspoon before Haden
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Miss Tuitt the most. I'd go DL in Rd 1 of the draft

I'd sign Witherspoon before Haden
    If both Tuitt and Alualu come back, both are under contract. You then have a numbers problem at DL in that you'll need to cut guys like Loudermilk to keep the DL. We have other positions where the need is greater.

I don't believe for a second that our run D would have been a big problem this year if Alualu and Tuitt had been healthy.

I think we missed Tuitt more than anyone.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    If both Tuitt and Alualu come back, both are under contract. You then have a numbers problem at DL in that you'll need to cut guys like Loudermilk to keep the DL. We have other positions where the need is greater.

I don't believe for a second that our run D would have been a big problem this year if Alualu and Tuitt had been healthy.

I think we missed Tuitt more than anyone.
    Ideally next years DL is Heyward/AluAlu/Tuitt starting with Wormley/Adams/Loudermilk backing up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That is as good as it gets, reminds me of d as smith/Hampton/kemo with keisel and kirschne backing up

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Ideally next years DL is Heyward/AluAlu/Tuitt starting with Wormley/Adams/Loudermilk backing up.
    Agreed, can't see them keeping more than 6 for the 53 actives. Hard to give up on Davis yet, too, as he shows really good athleticism for a guy his size.

If Alualu and Tuitt don't come back, our needs change a bit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone who doesn't think the answer is Tuitt has a short memory. A healthy Tuitt is as good as any star on this D. I've loved Alualu as an unsung hero, but Tuitt is an impact player on D.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Anyone who doesn't think the answer is Tuitt has a short memory. A healthy Tuitt is as good as any star on this D. I've loved Alualu as an unsung hero, but Tuitt is an impact player on D.
    The fans still don't know exactly why Tuitt didn't play this year, there were zero reports on his status and I know that they weren't obligated to give any due to his designation on the team. But, sure would like to know what happened to him.

Pappy

Ben: What do you want to do if we win the toss?
    Tomlin: Take the ball
    Ben: Are you sure? They have an all world defense.
    Tomlin: I have you

1.20 - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2.52 - George Pickesn, WR, Alabama
    3.84 - DeMarvin Leal, DE, Texas A&M
    4.138 - Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
    6.209 -Connor Heyward, RB, MSU
    7.225 - Mark Robinson, LB, Ole Miss
    7.242 - Chris Oladokum, QB, SD State

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The fans still don't know exactly why Tuitt didn't play this year, there were zero reports on his status and I know that they weren't obligated to give any due to his designation on the team. But, sure would like to know what happened to him.

Pappy
    I'm fine with me not knowing the ins and outs of what is happening with him, but the team does need to know. There are huge decisions to be made on both Tuitt and Alualu.

Tuitt has one year remaining at a cap hit a touch under $14M. Cap savings of just over $9M if released/traded/retired.
    Alualu has one year remaining at a cap hit around $3.5M. Cap savings of $2.5M if released/traded/retired.

Both players worth those values if they return on top of their game. $11.5M is nice space if they are not. Whatever is going on with a 29 year old Tuitt after a year off, and a 34 year old Alualu, I hope that the team is in regular contact with them both.