Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamless Gloating about my take on Baker Mayfield

Legend

User Info Menu

Shamless Gloating about my take on Baker Mayfield

BAKER MAYFIELD SLAMS CLEVELAND MEDIA
    ... 'I'm Not Your Puppet!!!'

1/6/2022

Baker Mayfield's list of enemies is growing -- this time, the Browns quarterback is taking aim at Cleveland media ... saying it's filled with "drama stirring reporters."

The 26-year-old signal-caller unleashed on Twitter just minutes ago ... after a report from cleveland.com claimed he could request a trade out of town if changes weren't made during the offseason.

But, according to #6, that's apparently not true ... and he's accusing the reporter of spicing up the story to get clicks.

"Clickbait," Baker said Thursday. "You and many other Cleveland local media continue to be drama stirring reporters with no sources or facts."

"Donít put words in my mouth so you can put food on your table. Iím not your puppet."

The clapback comes on the heels of the Browns' recent elimination from playoff contention ... which capped off a disappointing season.

The 2021 campaign was filled with drama -- Baker recently called out head coach Kevin Stefanski over his play-calling ... and has reportedly taken issue with how the offense isn't utilizing his strengths.

On top of that, Odell Beckham's dad publicly campaigned for the receiver's trade out of Cleveland due to missed targets back in November ... which worked, as OBJ was released shortly after.

Just a few weeks later, Jarvis Landry spoke out about his role with the team ... saying he had no idea why he wasn't getting the ball.

It's unclear if the Browns will try to fix the relationship with their quarterback in the offseason ... but if they do, Baker's media availability is gonna be pretty awkward, to say the least.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/06/baker...eveland-media/

Legend

User Info Menu

Looking more and more like Baker will not be with the Browns too much longer

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I feel like Baker would be a decent QB on a team that is not a sadness factory. Maybe we'll see sooner than later.

Legend

User Info Menu

Starter

User Info Menu

He's regressed, injury or no injury. He appears to be mentally weak, and his decision making is atrocious at times.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    He's regressed, injury or no injury. He appears to be mentally weak, and his decision making is atrocious at times.
    And he's a QB in CLE.

Legend

User Info Menu

trade to who?

the USFL ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Baker sees things 1 second too late.
    Hes got a great arm but his head is more into replacing Flo as the Face of Progressive.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In his defense he's been hurt all year, should have had surgery in October, having it now. Browns fans I know are clamoring for career loser Derek Carr and soon-to-be 37-year old statue, Matt Ryan. They should be careful what they wish for.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was actually thinking about Mayfield yesterday and one name came to mind...Terry Bradshaw

For those of us seasoned enough to live through the Bradshaw year, Mayfield's career has many similarities. Bradshaw's first five years were not good. Had excellent talent, was athletic but criticized for "being dumb," bad decisions, whiny and complaining and throwing INTs...sound familiar? Fans in the 'bugh wanted him gone and constantly complained about him. Heck..they made Joe Gilliam their hero for awhile.

I wouldn't cast Mayfield aside quite yet.

As a matter of fact, I'll be controversial and say I think he would be be a fit for us. Hate me if like.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"