Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Tomlin lost this team?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    actually, I hate flacco and any other player on the ravens. like a fan of their rivals should. I just acknowledge what he's done for the ravens. its not hard to find.

why do you love lamaar again??
    because you felt bad when he dropped in the draft?
    because of a message board bet??
    lmao at “just acknowledging what he did” and not seeing the hypocrisy in your own post.

You hate Flacco? You said Lamar stole his shine and Flacco could’ve won all those games if the Ravens didn’t bench him. Sounds like love to me.. lol.

Acknowledging Lamar’s win/loss record, MVP win and the fact that he hasn’t set the Ravens back 5 years isn’t love.. its FACTS!!!

Oh, and did t you admit i was going to get a big contract? It is love that your feeling?

Your attacks and accusations have been weak as hell these last few weeks. Step your game up NJ, I expect better from you.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-14-2022 at 09:40 AM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Do you really think Tomlin/Canada are dictating to Ben to throw to players on the LOS?
    Yes... and this is why the team sucks for 3 quarters... they think they're trying to protect Ben, but it's hurting the team.

In the 4th quarter when we're losing because that stupid strategy didn't work, Ben does what he has to do.

I hope to see 4th quarter Ben for this full game. I'd be good with whatever results we get from that - and suspect it wouldn't be his final game.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Yes... and this is why the team sucks for 3 quarters... they think they're trying to protect Ben, but it's hurting the team.

In the 4th quarter when we're losing because that stupid strategy didn't work, Ben does what he has to do.

I hope to see 4th quarter Ben for this full game. I'd be good with whatever results we get from that - and suspect it wouldn't be his final game.
    I think both are true. Its all about keeping it close for a chance to win in the 4th quarter.

What we don’t want is another 1st quarter with multiple INT’s. Protect the ball and keep Patrick on the sidelines or live to fight another series instead of forcing it into double coverage.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Actually id defenders are up at the line of scrimmage that is the perfect time to bunch the receivers, especially if you are throwing it short.
    The discussion I originally responded to was why we are not throwing downfield more, especially in the middle. An explanation given was because the D presses the LOS.
    The reason the defenders are close to the LOS and Ben is our formations. Spread them out to force the D out of this.
    Let our O dictate what we run and don't let their D decide what we need to run.
    I don't want see the 3 yd per pass attempt garbage for the first 3 Qs of this game. If that's still the plan, we have no shot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think both are true. Its all about keeping it close for a chance to win in the 4th quarter.

What we don’t want is another 1st quarter with multiple INT’s. Protect the ball and keep Patrick on the sidelines or live to fight another series instead of forcing it into double coverage.
    I'm with Deville.
    If we are conservative early, they WILL get a big lead. We saw it last time.

We gotta risk it. Ben MIGHT turn it over. But our only chance is 4th quarter Ben from the start and HOPING he is clean. Gotta take the risk, cause "safe" has no chance.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

I don't think it's necessarily about protecting Ben, I think Tomlin wants a conservative ball control offense, he wants an offense that takes time off the clock, etc. my issue isn't even that it's that the offense itself is predictable and bad and it's crazy the team hasn't tried anything differently throughout the season.

Steelers need to basically pass to set up the run from the start on Sunday. If Steelers come out running the same stuff it's over no question about it. There is no keeping it close until the 4th in that scenario.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I'm with Deville.

We gotta risk it. Ben MIGHT turn it over. But our only chance is 4th quarter Ben from the start and HOPING he is clean. Gotta take the risk, cause "safe" has no chance.
    I think the truth is that we're kind of screwed either way.

I think the Cleveland playoff game (after Pouncey's horrible snap) shows us what happens when we feel like we have to be aggressive early and throughout the game.

But playing conservative is probably what we were trying to do against KC this season and it was a failure.

I don't think either strategy is a "winning" one if we play them 100 times. But in just one game, I think trying to keep the score low is a better bet to be in the game late. Hope they make lots of mistake and we can capitalize.

But I don't think the odds are with us either way.

I think we need to be +3 or more in turnovers, preferable with at DTD. I think we were +2 vs. Baltimore and still needed OT.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 01-14-2022 at 12:42 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I'm with Deville.

Risk it and have another early turnover that creates a short field? No thanks.

Unless risk is throwing to the TE’s down the seam I’m not here for it.

Najee and dink and dunk to burn clock.

We cannot lose the turnover battle early and win.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily about protecting Ben, I think Tomlin wants a conservative ball control offense, he wants an offense that takes time off the clock, etc. my issue isn't even that it's that the offense itself is predictable and bad and it's crazy the team hasn't tried anything differently throughout the season.

Steelers need to basically pass to set up the run from the start on Sunday. If Steelers come out running the same stuff it's over no question about it. There is no keeping it close until the 4th in that scenario.
    I think we need a little help too. KC defenders blow coverage or slip on a deep pass to Chase.

I just don’t want another ugly first quarter filled with INT’s and stupid turnovers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Risk it and have another early turnover that creates a short field? No thanks.

Unless risk is throwing to the TE’s down the seam I’m not here for it.

Najee and dink and dunk to burn clock.

We cannot lose the turnover battle early and win.
    No one is saying chuck the ball 50 yards downfield every play.
    But, i'm also saying that if we get to halftime and Ben has thrown 16 passes, but 13 of them were caught within 3 yards of the LOS, we're likely be down big.

Najee struggles to find room because whether run or pass, all plays are short of where the LB line up - so the defense never has to "loosen up" in the event there may be a pass.

So, I'm asking for an occasional crossing route that might make LB back up. Or yes, the TE down the seam. Or any variation of sideline routes (out/flag/fade/etc) where your "miss" is out of bounds.... to make the running game easier. There has to be a threat of a pass to make room for the run. Otherwise, you go 3 and out for 3 quarters - and against the Chiefs, you're too far behind to try to play catch up in the 4th
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington