Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd McShay Mock Draft #1

Legend

User Info Menu

no way jets give up wilson after 1 year. especially with this QB class coming out

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If Jordan Davis is still on the board I'm having a very hard time walking away from that. OTOH, if Cross slips I'd be in a quandary.
    in the bama game i thought i heard danielson say he went out of the game on 3rd downs. I wasn't watching that closely. but if that's true, there's no way I draft a guy that high who doesn't play in passing situations in todays game

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    in the bama game i thought i heard danielson say he went out of the game on 3rd downs. I wasn't watching that closely. but if that's true, there's no way I draft a guy that high who doesn't play in passing situations in todays game
    I don't watch college football, but this seems like a reasonable concern if it's true.

Legend

User Info Menu

He did say that and he even ran off the field on a 2nd and long and he chuckled about it, how he knows it's time to come out in passing situations.

I agree with you - they got rid of Hargrave who CAN play all three downs. Hope they can find another Alualu-type player for cheap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mocks are useless at this point. Having a top 10 pick isn’t out of the question.

Legend

User Info Menu

no way jets give up wilson after 1 year. especially with this QB class coming out
    If we learned anything from Sam Darnold it is that the Jets will wait 3 years before dumping Wilson.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd love if the Steelers could get Wilson. I think he would thrive in Canada's offense and away from the dysfunctional Jets and their overly negative fans and media
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    Our O line has been the problem for the past several years. Putting all of the marbles on a rookie OB behind this group of 3rd and 4th round linemen is a recipe for disaster. We won't win squat in 2022 so I go with MR and Haskins and rebuild the lines with our high draft choices and that 40+ million in cap space. Then in the next draft get our QB of the future.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I don't know about you cats, I want that center from Iowa. He is suppose to be real good. Green can compete for guard or swing G/C like Finney- Haus.
    This^^^^^^^^^

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'd love if the Steelers could get Wilson. I think he would thrive in Canada's offense and away from the dysfunctional Jets and their overly negative fans and media
    I watched him at BYU and didn’t get the hype. He was okay but nothing special when they played quality opponents.

It’s like the Giants and Jets are out dueling each other on over drafting average QB’s.

I can’t see how anyone could watch tape on Fields, Mac Jones and Wilson and think Wilson was the best of the 3.

Maybe he is another Josh Allen but I don’t see it right now. Wilson feels like a QB who gets a GM fired next year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"