Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Pickett

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we need to shore up our OL before we get a QB killed behind it like what happened to Joe Burrow.
    agreed, but i think its a little easier drafting a capable lineman in the 2nd round then it is finding a qb

if they use a 2nd round pick on OL, he'll be the highest drafted player on that unit as well.

a vet UFA OL AND A 2ND ROUNDER ADDED TO THE CRRENT GROUP can make a significant different imo

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I just watched some Pickett game film and highlights after reading this thread, and I'm all in for him now. He's such a good athlete. Not a trained thrower, but a natural quarterback.
    Raw, raw, RAW

Do we have anyone who can coach him up?

Legend

User Info Menu

I watched the Pitt game tonight. Pickett is definitely impressive. The question becomes would the Steelers take him in the top 10 or trade down. I always fear reaching for a player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I watched the Pitt game tonight. Pickett is definitely impressive. The question becomes would the Steelers take him in the top 10 or trade down. I always fear reaching for a player.
    this CBS mock draft published today has Pickett going 7th overall to the Giants:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...satile-safety/

Legend

User Info Menu

this CBS mock draft published today has Pickett going 7th overall to the Giants:

Geez. Seems way high.

Legend

User Info Menu

jersey kid. that's why they probably have him going there. not convinced they give up on jones yet.
    QB might not be their bigges need

edit. just saw hey had back to back picks in that mock. i could see any team with multiple first rounders taking him that high
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 12-05-2021 at 02:10 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

just left the ACC game. Pickett balled out again. He will be gone by the time we pick.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    So we should go with Rudolph or a retread like Bridgewater for a few years till we can hopefully get a competent line?
    Consider the source who said that.

If you have the opportunity to take your franchise QB for the next 12 years, you take him. And build the line afterwards....like the Bengals did with Joe Borrow.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Raw, raw, RAW

Do we have anyone who can coach him up?
    This is the big question!!!!! Who do we have that WE KNOW can coach him up??
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    jersey kid. that's why they probably have him going there. not convinced they give up on jones yet.
    QB might not be their bigges need

edit. just saw hey had back to back picks in that mock. i could see any team with multiple first rounders taking him that high
    I'm hoping they don't give up on Jones but Gettleman is getting blown out of there as the GM. That is going to happen.