1 10.00%
  • Rats Win, Hairball cries

9 90.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rats Week Poll

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rats Week Poll

Last week, Cowher picked the Steelers to upset the Bungles. This week, I don't think anyone is going to pick us to upset the Rats, even at home. Do you?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Clark will probably pick us.

Cowher might double down too

I think former players and coaches can’t help themselves. They always think we
    will turn it around because we usually DO turn it around after a bad loss.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

I voted Rats win (like everyone so far).

I think the question is: "What do we do if we lose this one?". I guess we don't fold up the tent if we lose this week, but we should start thinking about it.

A loss this week probably extinguishes most of our playoff hopes (which are kind of slim right now anyway IMO).

Legend

User Info Menu

Rats 27
    Steelers 13

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ryan Clark will probably pick us.

Cowher might double down too

I think former players and coaches can’t help themselves. They always think we
    will turn it around because we usually DO turn it around after a bad loss.
    I agree that some of the talking heads will go with the "proud teams like the Steelers will bounce back from a humiliating loss" narrative.

But given our inability to stop the run (from RBs and QBs), I think Baltimore might be one of the worse matchups we could have right now.

I won't be surprised if it gets ugly. Maybe not as bad as vs. Cincy, but bad.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It hurt how many times Trent Green kept saying during the Bungles game how the Steelers offense has finally found it's rhythm under Canada, following the performance against the Bolts. And then we laid a massive egg.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I voted Rats win (like everyone so far).

I think the question is: "What do we do if we lose this one?". I guess we don't fold up the tent if we lose this week, but we should start thinking about it.

A loss this week probably extinguishes most of our playoff hopes (which are kind of slim right now anyway IMO).
    A loss this week, at home, against the hated Rats will take its toll mentally. The team will never fold up the tent but mentally, it'll be folded and packed away. We lose this week, I think we lose out.

Legend

User Info Menu

A team that likes to run the ball versus a team that cannot stop the run. You don’t need to be a math major to figure this one out.

Prove me wrong Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    A team that likes to run the ball versus a team that cannot stop the run. You donít need to be a math major to figure this one out.

Prove me wrong Steelers!
    Sadly, the story isn't much different if we were playing a team that likes to pass the ball. Our D is good at nothing unless all week 1 starters are in and healthy.

Making matters worse, our offense is an erratic, hot mess.

If I was forced to bet $1,000 on this game, I'd take the Rats. And of course, that probably means we'll come out and win this game.

Legend

User Info Menu

While this will be another tough game I think Cincinnati is the most complete team in our conference.

I think it will be close and a low scoring game.

Still think we pull this out.

Steelers 17
    Rats 13
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?