Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony romo = annoying

Backup

User Info Menu

Tony romo = annoying

Is it me or does this guy sound as if he is on his 10th cup of coffee all the time. I'm starting to mute after every play. Beyond annoying!

Legend

User Info Menu

I still think he's the best of the play by play guys.

Most other commentators try to talk to the most casual fan possible IMO.

Backup

User Info Menu

I can see how he would get on ones nerves ( he does mine too to some extent ) but he without question is the most knowledgeable commentator in the booth and describes things to the unknowing pretty well ,.... but yeah he is a bit on the full blown hyper mode 90% of the time
    20. Sam Howell QB NC
    52. Nicholas Petit-Frere OT OSU
    84. John Mechie 3rd WR Alabama
    136.Nick Cross S Maryland
    208.Josh Jobe CB Alabama
    225.DJ Davidson DT Arizona
    241.Connor Heyward RB/FB/HBack/3rd string TE the more you can do

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I still think he's the best of the play by play guys.

Most other commentators try to talk to the most casual fan possible IMO.
    He’s the best right now. By far.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I can see how he would get on ones nerves ( he does mine too to some extent ) but he without question is the most knowledgeable commentator in the booth and describes things to the unknowing pretty well ,.... but yeah he is a bit on the full blown hyper mode 90% of the time
    agreed.

and to some degree you have to be enthusiastic as a commentator.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's hyper but I like him. He wouldn't be good as the sole announcer but I love his analysis and enthusiasm in combination with Nantz.

What I also like is Peyton and Eli on ESPN. They're both so awkward and odd but are very knolwedgable and actually funny. It's so weird it's enjoyable. Like they're hanging out with you to watch the game. I don't think I'd want to watch a Steelers game with these guys on because it's such a distraction from the game. But for games I don't care about, I enjoy them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    He's hyper but I like him. He wouldn't be good as the sole announcer but I love his analysis and enthusiasm in combination with Nantz.

What I also like is Peyton and Eli on ESPN. They're both so awkward and odd but are very knolwedgable and actually funny. It's so weird it's enjoyable. Like they're hanging out with you to watch the game. I don't think I'd want to watch a Steelers game with these guys on because it's such a distraction from the game. But for games I don't care about, I enjoy them.
    i like the Manning’s way better than any announcer team.

Romo is fine. He’s smart and provides some insight that add to the game. But every once in a while he goes all cheese ball and I imagine some exec is telling him to be more like Joe Theisman.

Starter

User Info Menu

His commentary is starting to feel sort of forced at times like he knows he's popular so he goes overboard, it's definitely annoying. Not as bad as Collinsworth though, I have no idea how he became one of the top color commentary guys, his whole aw shucks schtick is annoying as hell.

Legend

User Info Menu

dude is annoying.

sure, he knows the game and does a great job letting us know but I despise when announcers try to predict plays.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    His commentary is starting to feel sort of forced at times like he knows he's popular so he goes overboard, it's definitely annoying. Not as bad as Collinsworth though, I have no idea how he became one of the top color commentary guys, his whole aw shucks schtick is annoying as hell.
    I don’t mind Collinsworth.

I know people hate how he gushes over players during the game but isn’t that what he is supposed to do?

Always seemed odd when people are
    like “He keeps praising Dak or whatever QB is playing”

wtf is he supposed to do? Crap on the players and tell people to turn the channel?
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?