Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen A: It's Time For Ben To Walk Away

Legend

User Info Menu

Stephen A: It's Time For Ben To Walk Away

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ryan Clark is spot on...there is no fear - D is identity is lost

Go back and look at the Steelers of the past on D...no swagger anymore...James Farrior, James Harrison, Troy Polamalu laid into people 3 plays into the game. Live on the shoulders of legends...
    I remember that D of old turning a second half around on a very good Ravens team...and turn the momentum on a dime.

Need to find their identity again. Everything is so vanilla on both sides of the ball.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They need more than Ben to walk away. They need 2 or 3 O-lineman and 2 or 3 D-lineman. Ben isn't the problem

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    They need more than Ben to walk away. They need 2 or 3 O-lineman and 2 or 3 D-lineman. Ben isn't the problem
    Exactly. Everyone is focusing on Ben while our defense is giving up 40+ a game. Not to mention an OL that can’t run block or pass protect.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree they need to focus on more than Ben...but the fact remains, he cannot move around at all anymore and while he may have moments...his consistency is diminished. Given it's likely to take that line to gel (assuming that neither of the rookie picks are busts), there comes a time when you need to hang em up.

This Offense needs a more mobile QB next year. It also needs some more financial flexibility to rebuild in all areas (I mean other than TE/HB I think they still need upgrades in every position on O - and on D ILB/DL and perhaps CB/S).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This team has been without an identity for about a decade, unless soft is an identity.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

Rookie

User Info Menu

A complete breakdown by the Steelers everywhere

Starter

User Info Menu

I love Ben but since it was announced he was coming back my question was why? Did the the team really think it had a legitimate shot at a SB run? It's a bad look for the team, front office, owner and coaches imo.

I'm also tired of Ben being the topic of discussion with the sports media whenever the Steelers lay an egg, it's happening this week, it happened last year in the Browns playoff game, meanwhile it's like Tomlin is off limits to any criticism unless it's Colin Cowherd doing a segment on the team. This team has a number of huge red flags all over the place, the defense is inconsistent and absolutely awful at times to the point where I can't believe Butler still has a job, just look at yesterday, last week, the last two playoff games where the Steelers gave up over 40 points at home in each game, etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I love Ben but since it was announced he was coming back my question was why? Did the the team really think it had a legitimate shot at a SB run? It's a bad look for the team, front office, owner and coaches imo.

I'm also tired of Ben being the topic of discussion with the sports media whenever the Steelers lay an egg, it's happening this week, it happened last year in the Browns playoff game, meanwhile it's like Tomlin is off limits to any criticism unless it's Colin Cowherd doing a segment on the team. This team has a number of huge red flags all over the place, the defense is inconsistent and absolutely awful at times to the point where I can't believe Butler still has a job, just look at yesterday, last week, the last two playoff games where the Steelers gave up over 40 points at home in each game, etc.
    ehh.. 3 INT’s in the first half of that playoff game. Why would anyone talk about Tomlin after the Browns loss?

These last 2 games.. definitely the defense.

Franchise QB l’s will always get blame because they get paid to take that criticism. If Ben didn’t have turnovers last game he wouldn’t have received any blame
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    They need those things AND Ben is ALSO the problem. Did you see some of those lollipop throws?????????????????????????????????????