Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Forever!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I know I’m no joy on a lot of my posts but the reality is I do it because of a few posters.
    IMO the problem with tit-for-tat is that it constantly escalates once things start to go bad.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Itís not the only reason, just a perk.
    Not much different than coming here to insult everybody that doesnít agree with you and your love for Tomlin.
    Boom...shackalacka

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Rams better win soon because they have traded away many of their near-term draft picks.

and the way they have been playing lately (3 game losing streak) doesn't bode well for this season.
    And for what it's worth, their best player (Donald) is Jeff Fisher's player. So any success they have when he is on the team invalidates any success McVay has.

McVay's player? Goff. Who he trashed in the media and had to package several premium draft picks just to get rid of him (2x 1sts + 1x 3rd)...but only after signing him to a massive contract. Great asset management by the Rams!

Since some believe that coaches are responsible for player contracts and acquisitions, I guess that means that was a massive F-Up on his part.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    anyone who enjoys seeing the Steelers win isnít a troll.

you would know that if you werenít a troll.

You just admitted you come here to piss people off which is what trolls do.
    Boom..........Lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    And for what it's worth, their best player (Donald) is Jeff Fisher's player. So any success they have when he is on the team invalidates any success McVay has.

McVay's player? Goff. Who he trashed in the media and had to package several premium draft picks just to get rid of him (2x 1sts + 1x 3rd)...but only after signing him to a massive contract. Great asset management by the Rams!

Since some believe that coaches are responsible for player contracts and acquisitions, I guess that means that was a massive F-Up on his part.
    on their last national telecast, michaels said he was the youngest coach in the league and under his coaching tree has 3 head caches in the nfl.

how many does tomlin have?
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 12-05-2021 at 02:13 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    on their last national telecast, michaels said he was the youngest coach in the league and under his coaching tree has 2 head caches in the nfl.

how many does tomlin have?
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahhaah
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can only imagine the amount of criticism and second guessing Tomlin and the Steelers would receive here on this board if we had made those types of mistakes.

I like McVay, but he hasn't won a Super Bowl yet and his window continues to close tighter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Yea.. because a playoff win every 3 or 4 years should be sufficient to appease the masses...

Legend

User Info Menu

Heard on a radio show (don't remember which one) Rams build there team different than most NFL teams. They don't put value in the high round draft picks, preferring to trade them away and spend money for known veteran playmakers. If you look at their drafts the last 5 yrs it does look to have some truth. Maybe the Goff pick turn them off to the whole thing? (although I think the Goff pick was on Fisher).