Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers-Bengals II

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers-Bengals II

I'll wait until later in the week to make my prediction, but unless we get Minkah, Haden and Watt back, I'm thinking it's going to be some tough sledding for the good guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesn’t matter.

Bengals are slipping and our offense finally showed signs of life last week.

Another shootout but this time we win.

Steelers 31
    Bungles 19
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'll wait until later in the week to make my prediction, but unless we get Minkah, Haden and Watt back, I'm thinking it's going to be some tough sledding for the good guys.
    Without them, we'll be giving up some points for sure.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers - 77
    Bengals - 7

7 was hanging out with Stella last week and 7 got his groove back.

We got this. No worries. Hopefully more folks give up on the game because when folks started bailing on Sun night, that’s about when we started playing a bit better. Then I think some of yinz tuned back into the game at the end and brought us down with your voodoo curse.

It’s ok. 7 don’t care. 7 ready to go.

7 gonna get 7.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Have to see who is back on D, that D last game will have trouble beating anyone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Doesn’t matter.

Bengals are slipping
    I thought they played pretty good vs. the Raiders this past Sunday, 32-13 win with some strong D -- looked much better than we have the past couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-23-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we take this game going away...

Steelers 31

Bumgals 21

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Getting Loudermilk back is key and under the radar I think. When he is on the field with Heyward opponents have averaged their least yds/att rushing.

The first meeting between PIT-CIN was generally not a good one for the Steelers. The offense was completely unbalanced with Roethlisberger throwing 80% of the time. Part of this is because CIN completely shut off Harris who avg'd just 2.9 yds/att and had just 1 first down. But the counter to that is that he was the best receiver for PIT on the day.
    Steelers drive chart;

PUNT
    PUNT
    INT
    PUNT
    TD
    PUNT
    INT
    MISSED FG
    FG
    DOWNS
    DOWNS

Fortunately the OL is improved (a little). But CIN defense is still playing strong. The Steelers need more than Harris to contribute on offense. Canada's playcalling has been sketchy of late. He needs to be better, or expect more shrugs from the QB.

I expect the Bengals to approach the game the same as last time; shut down Harris, force Roethlisberger to throw 35+ passes and wait for his mistakes. If he manages to limit mistakes this could be a tight ball game, with Boz winning it at the buzzer.

Steelers - 24
    Bengals - 21

Legend

User Info Menu

Claypool has to be more of a weapon than what he’s been utilized so far. Especially in the red zone.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.