Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers-Bengals II

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'll wait until later in the week to make my prediction, but unless we get Minkah, Haden and Watt back, I'm thinking it's going to be some tough sledding for the good guys.
    Someone on this board said Minkah was the worst starting FS in the NFL anyway...LOL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If we can play offense like last week and get healthy on D I think we not only win this week, I think we make the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    If we can play offense like last week and get healthy on D I think we not only win this week, I think we make the playoffs.
    every week a unit seems to take the day off.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    every week a unit seems to take the day off.
    Truth. Only Wk 1 had a fully healthy team. After that, it seems one unit has taken turns on failing. Special teams was bad a couple weeks ago.

And I don't expect Watt to be Watt even if he plays. Gonna come down to the offense and someone besides Harris needs to have a breakout game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Friday injury update:

Haden - questionable
    Hassenauer - out
    Ebron - out

Practice:

Watt, Turner, Ben, Maulet, Loudermilk, Heyward - All full practice
    Haden - Limited
    Ebron, Hassenauer - DNP

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder if the offense last week was a bit of smoke and mirrors.

We had 13 points with 14:10 remaining in the 4th.

Then we got a TD on a 4 yard drive after a blocked punt.
    A TD on a 75 yards drive (good offense). Good offense.
    A TD on an 11 yard drive (another INT).
    A FG after going 7 yards after the D got a turnover on downs.

So even though the D was bad against the Chargers, they showed up (along with ST) in the 4th putting us inside the 15 twice and in FG range a 3rd time so our 3 and out still got us 3 points. It's nice that 2 of those short fields in the 4th ended up with TDs, but I think looking at the total score kind of over-rates the O in that game.

Hopefully the D (and ST) can generate a bunch of turnovers the rest of the way. We've been short on splash plays on both sides of the ball IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Injury update making things look a bit better for us ... optimistic take:

Steelers 20
    Bengals 17

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

So even though the D was bad against the Chargers, they showed up (along with ST) in the 4th putting us inside the 15 twice and in FG range a 3rd time so our 3 and out still got us 3 points. It's nice that 2 of those short fields in the 4th ended up with TDs, but I think looking at the total score kind of over-rates the O in that game.

Hopefully the D (and ST) can generate a bunch of turnovers the rest of the way. We've been short on splash plays on both sides of the ball IMO.
    Maybe It was a bit in terms of points but thats not what I mean. I mean the aggressiveness on offense when we had to have TDs. I feel like the offense has been trying more to possess the ball this year rather than score it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe It was a bit in terms of points but thats not what I mean. I mean the aggressiveness on offense when we had to have TDs. I feel like the offense has been trying more to possess the ball this year rather than score it.
    Thanks, I get what you mean.

I hope we continue to get better on O (D too)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

I agree. Easy to view that game as glass half full or glass half empty. The defense was getting walked all over for most of the game. If not for the TOs it was a blowout. The Steelers defense had better have solved the puzzle of a scrambling QB because they were exposed in the last game. And the RZ offense wasn't stellar by any means.