Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: BIG BEN and TOMLIN

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...but the front office has made sure we have more available cap space than ever before
    Will we use it with significant free agent upgrades thou? I like the thought but there isn't a great history of us using free agency to a great extent.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I mean, we did win one SB, go to another, and go to another AFCC.
    I'm talking AFTER Cowher's players and coaches left. You know...the last 11 YEARS!!!
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I'm talking AFTER Cowher's players and coaches left. You know...the last 11 YEARS!!!
    why don't you tell us again about how Cowher was a better coach than Tomlin because Cowher's teams drafted earlier?

    lmao, can't make this stuff up.

    Boom................
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Do you think we could haul in a lot of good draft picks in a trade for him?

    Not saying we should do that, but just wondering.
    i was thinking about this a few weeks ago.

    wellington mara got booed by his own fans when the giants honored Eli manning.

    they have 2 first round draft choices.

    they are certainly not afraid to throw money around. (1.5 or double his current salary?)

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I agree with this. If you study the offense it really hasn't changed all that much from last season. Quick short passes from the QB. Moore for AV, Green for Pouncey, Harris for Conner, Turner for DeCastro, Muth for McDonald.

    Only two are clear upgrades (although some could argue Conner could do what Harris has. But I guarantee he'd be on IR by now.)
    You do realize that that is Canada's identity? It never was an offense installed just because of our Oline. That's a joke. The oline with our starters, will come along. It was, until injuries. We'll need a replacement at RG at some point.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    You do realize that that is Canada's identity? It never was an offense installed just because of our Oline. That's a joke. The oline with our starters, will come along. It was, until injuries. We'll need a replacement at RG at some point.
    Not sure what your point is. Canada wasn't OC last season but this offense looks a lot like Fichtners.

  7. #27
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I'm talking AFTER Cowher's players and coaches left. You know...the last 11 YEARS!!!
    1st: When was the last time we went to the AFCC? Was it in the last 11 years?

    2nd: "Cowher's players" still haven't left though, right?

    Or is Ben not one of Cowher's players now?

    Maybe turnovers or poor play from "Cowher's player" (who he didn't want) contributed to some of those playoff losses?

    Like the time when Tim Tebow had a much better day than "Cowher's player"?

    As a reminder: Tebow had more yards, more passing TDs, fewer picks, more rushing yards, more rushing TDs...and a higher QB Rating by ~50 points (125.6 vs 75.9).

    This isn't to argue that Tebow is better than Ben (he's obviously not). It's to try to show you how silly these kinds of arguments are.

    Because you can't say that the players are more important than the coaching when they win (Cowher's players), but the coaching is more important than the players when they lose (Tomlin is responsible for everything bad ever). Well, you can...it's just logically inconsistent.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-22-2021 at 11:27 PM.

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    1st: When was the last time we went to the AFCC? Was it in the last 11 years?

    2nd: "Cowher's players" still haven't left though, right?

    Or is Ben not one of Cowher's players now?

    Maybe turnovers or poor play from "Cowher's player" (who he didn't want) contributed to some of those playoff losses?

    Like the time when Tim Tebow had a much better day than "Cowher's player"?

    As a reminder: Tebow had more yards, more passing TDs, fewer picks, more rushing yards, more rushing TDs...and a higher QB Rating by ~50 points (125.6 vs 75.9).

    This isn't to argue that Tebow is better than Ben (he's obviously not). It's to try to show you how silly these kinds of arguments are.

    Because you can't say that the players are more important than the coaching when they win (Cowher's players), but the coaching is more important than the players when they lose (Tomlin is responsible for everything bad ever). Well, you can...it's just logically inconsistent.
    Sorry NB but you are saying things I’ve never said.

    Your exaggerating in an effort to try to make everything look like a hate situation.

    Tomlin has had over a decade to hire HIS coaches… draft HIS players. And what has he accomplished in the playoffs?

    You can try and belittle as much as you want but the numbers since 2010 don’t lie.

    Do me a favor ; talk about the last 11 years exclusively.

    The reason I don’t have long conversations is because you guys refuse to talk about the lack of playoff success the last 11 years.

    Until you guys grow up, and stop only talking pre 2010 playoffs , then maybe one day there can be dialog.

    But the bottom line is my sig; it’s to the point and for the last 11 years , it’s accurate.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    But the bottom line is my sig.
    you mean where you infer we should get rid of Tomlin like the Dolphins did with Shula and never sniff another Super Bowl like Miami hasn't ever since Shula left?

    got it.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Sorry NB but you are saying things Iíve never said.

    Your exaggerating in an effort to try to make everything look like a hate situation.

    Tomlin has had over a decade to hire HIS coachesÖ draft HIS players. And what has he accomplished in the playoffs?

    You can try and belittle as much as you want but the numbers since 2010 donít lie.

    Do me a favor ; talk about the last 11 years exclusively.

    The reason I donít have long conversations is because you guys refuse to talk about the lack of playoff success the last 11 years.

    Until you guys grow up, and stop only talking pre 2010 playoffs , then maybe one day there can be dialog.

    But the bottom line is my sig; itís to the point and for the last 11 years , itís accurate.
    words words words..

    you are quoting a post that addresses the last 11 years.

    You just get upset anytime someone points to the AFCCG in 2016. Just because it wasnít a SB doesnít mean it wasnít a successful season with postseason success.

    Even Stevie Wonder can see it.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-23-2021 at 09:40 AM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •