Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: BIG BEN and TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Go back and re-watch Back to the Future and you’ll get it.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-24-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    first lets get the Pitt Bb out of the way. I thought dixon left for greener pastures? that's what i thought happened although I can be totally wrong.
    also, they were iirc a basket away from the final 4. when nova drove down the lenght of the court for a lay up with seconds left.
    again iirc, nova won the title that year and they beat nova in the regular season.
    that's isn't too far from the top. but likely their ceiling. better then most I would say

okay, on to the stillers. re: Tomlin staying here as long as he wants
    Not sure about that
    I put myself on the season ticket list years ago. i got an email this summer of available season tickets, the first email ever of its kind.
    I actually thought about it, but decided I would wait and perhaps in a year or two go for it as long as some things solidified for me here in NJ.
    I was surprised to see what I consider good seats become available so close to the season. I figured they were mostly due to covid with people questioning their disposable income in these times.

Now fast forward to next summer. you can say what you want about big ben, but once he's not here you lose a big meal ticket.
    the same scenario comes up with the season ticket holders to re up, and now they're staring at a season with mason starting at QB

Do you keep sending in a few grand to watch that product?

a few empty seats in the building and the owner may want to change some plans. it all comes down to money
    Not a fan of MR, but I remember some full stadiums back in the Bubby days as well as a few other crappy QBs that never panned out.

Not sure what will happen in Pittsburgh now but I think folks will keep buying tix.

Although I did hear in Carolina that they sold a lot more tix and ticket prices went up after Cam came back.

Not sure what that means for Pittsburgh. Clearly Charlotte isnít a football town like Pittsburgh and doesnít have the history. But thereís a lot more money in Charlotte than Pittsburgh and I imagine a couple thousand isnít as big a thought in Charlotte vs Pittsburgh.

I could be completely wrong, but I see so much more new construction in Charlotte over the years and when I go visit home in Pittsburgh, it feels old and just not as vibrant.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not a fan of MR, but I remember some full stadiums back in the Bubby days as well as a few other crappy QBs that never panned out.

Not sure what will happen in Pittsburgh now but I think folks will keep buying tix.

Although I did hear in Carolina that they sold a lot more tix and ticket prices went up after Cam came back.

Not sure what that means for Pittsburgh. Clearly Charlotte isn’t a football town like Pittsburgh and doesn’t have the history. But there’s a lot more money in Charlotte than Pittsburgh and I imagine a couple thousand isn’t as big a thought in Charlotte vs Pittsburgh.

I could be completely wrong, but I see so much more new construction in Charlotte over the years and when I go visit home in Pittsburgh, it feels old and just not as vibrant.
    I’m from the Burgh but I now live in Charlotte.

Both places have money.. tons of it.

The difference is Charlotte is still a “new” southern city that is still growing. Pittsburgh is established and there isn’t much room to build inside city limits.

As far as the fans go. Half this place are transplants with no connection to the home team. Cam coming back to the Panthers is like Ben coming back after being gone for 2 years. Cam is the best QB this franchise has ever had so it makes sense to see fans rush back to see him at home for what may be the last 2 or 3 games of his career.

I’m glad we lucked up and bought a house in Charlotte 10 years ago. We are up almost 200%. We would sell but that means we would have to buy in a sellers market.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin makes it crystal clear what he provides as the Steelers coach

Many have questioned what Tomlin does for the Steelers as the head coach, and he made that answer very clear during his Tuesday press conference.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...lling-nfl-news
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I would bet a lot of $$$ that Tomlin stays at least until his contract expires at the end of the 2024 season.
    I wouldnít bet against that.

It was intended more for the Ď he can stay as long as he wants crowdĒ

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    That's an interesting take.

If that wait list starts to get too short, I think there would be lots of pressure to make changes.

I hope that doesn't happen, because I think lots of teams that make offseason decisions to sell tickets make big mistakes (ie huge UFA contracts for guys that don't pan out)

I hope you end up being able to get the tickets in the future. I think it would be awesome... Although I'm too cheap to do it myself.
    Some of the seats didnít even require ticket licenses.
    like the sections in corners of the upper tier among others.

I've sat in those seats before. Tough to see the play when itís at the other end of the stadium.

my preference would be upper tier between the 40s.
    love seeing the game played out from a birds eye view.
    There were tickets available there too. But they carried a $1500 seat license fee, although I believe its just a one time payment and can be sold if you donít want tickets anymore which isnít too bad.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure what that means for Pittsburgh. Clearly Charlotte isn’t a football town like Pittsburgh and doesn’t have the history. But there’s a lot more money in Charlotte than Pittsburgh and I imagine a couple thousand isn’t as big a thought in Charlotte vs Pittsburgh.

good points. I think with its long waiting list. They will still sell them. It will just be new people in those seats.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

From a business perspective, winning consistently in the regular season is one key to the Steelers remaining in Pittsburgh. There are probably other markets that could make a run at the Steelers. The team would certainly have to change it's name if it moved. History shows that teams can move to other markets for financial reasons.

I don't see this being the case as long as Art runs the organization. That is, unless the team starts to hemorrhage financial losses. He doesn't strike me as a "greedy dude". When staring the end of life in the face and the team, family ect.......... then who knows?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    From a business perspective, winning consistently in the regular season is one key to the Steelers remaining in Pittsburgh. There are probably other markets that could make a run at the Steelers. The team would certainly have to change it's name if it moved. History shows that teams can move to other markets for financial reasons.

I don't see this being the case as long as Art runs the organization. That is, unless the team starts to hemorrhage financial losses. He doesn't strike me as a "greedy dude". When staring the end of life in the face and the team, family ect.......... then who knows?
    Steelers aren’t going anywhere in our lifetime.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Steelers aren’t going anywhere in our lifetime.
    is this a time based prediction?
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao