Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Refs no call on head shots

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Refs no call on head shots

    WTF…
    Two clear head shots and no calls!!! Start firing refs, Vegas
    and Organized crime? Hard to watch games these days…

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Yea.. terrible no calls.. you could tell Harris had a concussion.. he tried to push the trainer on the way off the field

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    WTF…
    Two clear head shots and no calls!!! Start firing refs, Vegas
    and Organized crime? Hard to watch games these days…
    As long as they didn't say mean things, make mean faces, or look at the opposing sideline for more than 1 second it's OK.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    The NFL, with all it's billions in revenue, doesn't want to pay for full-time Refs. Makes you wonder.

    And with the quick replay ability they have now, missed shots to the head should be able to be called on replay. You want to get calls right. You should also want to get injury-related no-calls right.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    As long as they didn't say mean things, make mean faces, or look at the opposing sideline for more than 1 second it's OK.
    Boom........................
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90’s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Nobody want to mention heywards obvious punch to the gut that wasn’t called?
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Nobody want to mention heywards obvious punch to the gut that wasn’t called?
    And, that has what to do with two blatant head shots, one to Sutton and one to Harris? Heyward and the Steelers were penalized half the distance to the goal for unnecessary roughness. I don't believe a flag was thrown on either blow to the head, apples and oranges.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    And, that has what to do with two blatant head shots, one to Sutton and one to Harris? Heyward and the Steelers were penalized half the distance to the goal for unnecessary roughness. I don't believe a flag was thrown on either blow to the head, apples and oranges.

    Pappy
    It has to do with crying about non calls that we didn’t get but not mentioning the dirty punch that wasn’t called against us.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Nobody want to mention heywards obvious punch to the gut that wasn’t called?
    When I watched the replay last night, it looked to me that Cam was trying to get up, couldn’t and fell back down on Herbert.

    He confirmed that’s what happened. It was not a punch.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    When I watched the replay last night, it looked to me that Cam was trying to get up, couldn’t and fell back down on Herbert.

    He confirmed that’s what happened. It was not a punch.
    What would 90% of the fans on this site say it was if it happened to Ben?
    Be honest.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •