Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Refs no call on head shots

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you have no idea what I would say troll.

I see you're posting again since we lost.
    I’ll stick around from now on only because I know how much it bothers you.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I’ll stick around from now on only because I know how much it bothers you.
    spoken like the true troll that you are.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'm not unbiased (as you're pointing out). But it looks like he's extending his forearm / elbow to make contact with Harris' head.

Maybe it's unfair because it's in slo-motion. But remember that the answer to James Harrison was that "It's always the defender's fault. It doesn't matter if it's unavoidable." But that was for QBs...who get way more protection than RBs (who get very little protection from head shots).
    I agree. It looks bad. My point is no one cares when the calls go in our favor but make a big deal out of it when they don’t.
    The refs gave us the Chicago game. Even the announcers admitted it.
    I don’t recall anyone here complaining about the refs and wanting full time guys after those calls.
    I’m actually in favor of using replay to get calls correct, make calls, etc.
    Until they change, you need to take the good AND the bad.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    spoken like the true troll that you are.
    I’m glad I’m back….
    Update:

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree. It looks bad. My point is no one cares when the calls go in our favor but make a big deal out of it when they don’t.
    I don’t recall anyone here complaining about the refs and wanting full time guys after those calls.
    I agree that complaining about the refs isn't productive.

Although I do think I agreed that we were given the Chi game by the refs.

I think they should get rid of all replay and just deal with the fact that refs make mistakes. But we're never going to go back to that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I agree that complaining about the refs isn't productive.

Although I do think I agreed that we were given the Chi game by the refs.

I think they should get rid of all replay and just deal with the fact that refs make mistakes. But we're never going to go back to that.
    I think with no replay at all, it really brings the conspiracy theorist.
    Too many fans think their team always get screwed. Replay happens so quick now that a crew in New York can get stuff correct without making the game longer.
    That seems to be the major complaint but when you are willing to spend 3 hours watching your favorite team, another handful of minutes to get things right shouldn’t be a concern.
    Update:

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What would 90% of the fans on this site say it was if it happened to Ben?
    Be honest.
    LOL. Ben has been beaten like a rag doll for much of his career. Hell, even Rudolph was beaten with his own helmet. Falling on him like that would be NOTHING. I'm sure some would argue. But that was a big nothing. Herbert didn't even complain.

But of course, fans are going to complain in support of their own team. Which team are you a fan of again?

Legend

User Info Menu

Why would a fan complain about ref calls that go our way? That's plain stupid. But, there were plenty on here that said we were gifted a few in that game. Doesn't change the fact that officiating has been bad to worse for a couple of seasons. And the NFL does them no favors by rolling out subjective penalties like 'taunting'. Just makes their job all that much harder.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    LOL. Ben has been beaten like a rag doll for much of his career. Hell, even Rudolph was beaten with his own helmet. Falling on him like that would be NOTHING. I'm sure some would argue. But that was a big nothing. Herbert didn't even complain.

But of course, fans are going to complain in support of their own team. Which team are you a fan of again?
    I guess I’ll not willing to look like a hypocrite and not understand football just to support my team.
    When I hear fans call themselves ‘diehard’ or ‘real’ I can pretty much tell how much they actually understand the game.
    Update:

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe you don’t remember because you weren’t here?

Plenty of people admitted the refs helped us out in the Chicago game. I thanked them personally on here for the tickets tack calls.

But I’ve always been one to point out how bad the refs are and how we benefit sometimes AND get hosed some times.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?