Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Refs no call on head shots

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    What would 90% of the fans on this site say it was if it happened to Ben?
    Be honest.
    You do know that there was a flag on Cam for that, right?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    You do know that there was a flag on Cam for that, right?
    Actually I believe he was flagged for the shoving of the wr trying to pull him off Herbert.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Nobody want to mention heywards obvious punch to the gut that wasn’t called?
    always on our side.. lmao.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Yup, he took a shot to the head. It happened while both players were in the air before the whistle was blown.
    If a Steelers player did this, you’d cry and say he was trying t make the tackle/force a fumble and was inadvertent.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    always on our side.. lmao.
    So bad officiating is ok if it helps us but should be looked into if it doesn’t?
    Update:

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    This clearly seems like it should be a flag.

But I think RBs generally don't get much protection from head shots because there's so much helmet to helmet contact for runners as they try to get low.

But this is an elbow / forearm shiver to the head of a defenseless player. Not helmet to helmet in the hole.

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually I believe he was flagged for the shoving of the wr trying to pull him off Herbert.
    Which should have been a penalty on the WR for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yup, he took a shot to the head. It happened while both players were in the air before the whistle was blown.
    If a Steelers player did this, you’d cry and say he was trying t make the tackle/force a fumble and was inadvertent.
    you have no idea what I would say troll.

I see you're posting again since we lost.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not unbiased (as you're pointing out). But it looks like he's extending his forearm / elbow to make contact with Harris' head.

Maybe it's unfair because it's in slo-motion. But remember that the answer to James Harrison was that "It's always the defender's fault. It doesn't matter if it's unavoidable." But that was for QBs...who get way more protection than RBs (who get very little protection from head shots).