Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't want this to get lost in the loss

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't want this to get lost in the loss

But big, big props to Cam Heyward.
    Dude is a competitive BEAST!!!

He is THE ONLY better than average player on that side of the ball, getting ALL the attention and STILL made plays that kept us in the game. He more than anyone deserved this win.

An absolute WARRIOR.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ya cam is a beast, he is leaving it all on the field every week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ya cam is a beast, he is leaving it all on the field every week.
    It is like young Joe Greene. Playing your heart out, but just not having supporting talent. That dude deserved to win.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Player of the game for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

We’re seeing Cam Heyward in his prime. He’s getting double teamed (because of Tuitt’s absence) and still making huge plays. Running down Herbert 50 yards downfield shows his heart.

Awesome game by the big man.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Total pro. Brings it every play.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes… he played his heart out. Shame we couldn’t deliver the win for as hard as he was playing. Guy played like a champion.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90’s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    It is like young Joe Greene. Playing your heart out, but just not having supporting talent. That dude deserved to win.
    its really a shame we couldn't see a starting DL line of Heyward, Alualu and Tuitt.

Heyward wouldn't get double teamed as much and our LBers would be kept clean.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    its really a shame we couldn't see a starting DL line of Heyward, Alualu and Tuitt.

Heyward wouldn't get double teamed as much and our LBers would be kept clean.
    What team could survive with two-thirds of your starting defensive line missing all season. Credit to Cam's talent and commitment
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep. I didn't want to sign the big contract fir him because I thought he was too old.

Happy to see him make me look silly.

Wish we had someone else on defense last night with him.