Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben is Back! WTF?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I think Bosa moved inside on 2nd and 3rd down and dominated whoever was playing left guard at the time, Haeg maybe?

Pappy
    Yes, it was Haeg. That is what good coaching does. They recognized the Steelers had their third string LG in the game and put their best pass rusher over him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Klein....lmao

you're such a knowledgeable poster.

I'd assume this is probably a function of autocorrect. Which sucks.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Keeping guys in makes sense, even though it limits the number of options Ben would have to throw to.

But it would be better if our OL could block people too.

Doesn't matter how many options there are when he's lying on his back right after the snap. OL is still garbage...it actually feels like it's getting worse. But part of that might be competition. And part of it might just be that progress isn't linear.

But it looks like teams know how they can dominate Green and will just keep doing it until he proves he can overcome.
    It amazes me that it took them that long to start going after the 3rd string guard with Bosa. Or maybe they were doing it before that drive but seems like one of those super obvious things that NFL coaches sometimes don't do. Feels like something Belichick would have been exploiting throughout the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

i mentioned it n the game day thread i believe, but may have gone unnoticed. and I can't find the thread to bump up but I was asked in there a while ago about who the Fo could have brought in as a Vet presence on the OL.
    saw some of the ravens game and jason peters was at LT for the bears.

signed in august to a 1.5 M deal

that less then ingram, less then shobert and might be even less then witherspoon.

not a good look for the FO.
    can't spell defense with D.E.N.S.E

Legend

User Info Menu

Teresa Varley
    @Teresa_Varley

Yes it was a loss, but seeing the effort from Ben Roethlisberger, who a week ago had COVID and has dealt with injuries half the season, was all heart. The guy fought and fought hard.

Nov 21, 2021

https://twitter.com/Teresa_Varley/st...er-Love-Thread
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger communicates displeasure with Canada's play call of a jet sweep on the goal line:

https://gifs.com/gif/ben-shrug-pZ9JJp

Sad part is he audibled out of the original playcall based on the look of the defense. One has to wonder what that was??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Roethlisberger communicates displeasure with Canada's play call of a jet sweep on the goal line:

https://gifs.com/gif/ben-shrug-pZ9JJp

Sad part is he audibled out of the original playcall based on the look of the defense. One has to wonder what that was??
    So 2 bad plays to choose from?

Really wish they would give the damn ball to Najee. At least let him fail instead of taking the rock out of his hands.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i mentioned it n the game day thread i believe, but may have gone unnoticed. and I can't find the thread to bump up but I was asked in there a while ago about who the Fo could have brought in as a Vet presence on the OL.
    saw some of the ravens game and jason peters was at LT for the bears.

signed in august to a 1.5 M deal

that less then ingram, less then shobert and might be even less then witherspoon.

not a good look for the FO.
    can't spell defense with D.E.N.S.E
    Do we know that we didn't try?

I think that's part of the problem with looking at these things in hindsight. There's a lot of stuff that presumably is going on behind the scenes that never really comes out.

And we probably thought that we had 2 NFL level tackles (although I agree that was a stretch at the time because I never bought into Chucks at LT).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    So 2 bad plays to choose from?

Really wish they would give the damn ball to Najee. At least let him fail instead of taking the rock out of his hands.
    Certainly not a good look.

As always, it would be good to know more of what actually happened.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I am not seeing any teams in the AFC that the Steelers can't beat, of course, given that they can get 2 of the big three defenders back on the field for the remainder of the season. That's just me but I'm a Steeler homer to be sure, I always think they can win regardless of who is playing and who isn't.

Pappy
    This is it right here. No team is dominant and every team has a legit chance to win on any given Sunday. More than ever, it will be about which team is playing its best football in December and January. Ben playing the way he did on Sunday Night (and for the past 5 games) is the biggest key to this team finding its groove, in my opinion. Let's hope he can keep it going and the O-line, defense...and play-calling are able to come around just enough to be that team down the stretch.

As someone else mentioned, hopefully that improvement begins in Cincinnati.