Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben is Back! WTF?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Big Ben is Back! WTF?

I heard earlier today that Ben was back off the COVID list. I was kind of surprised to not see a word of this on the board when I got home six hours later. Are the expectations for this game so low that not even the return of Roethlisberger is enough to make a ripple across the fan base...or at least in this forum?

I'll admit that with all of the injuries, COVID question marks, and the last performance this team put on tape that I wasn't feeling too good. And despite Ben's struggles overall, I'm of the opinion that he has been playing good ball as of late. I now feel like the Steelers actually have a chance to pull this road win off. Especially if we can commit to and establish the run.

I'm I alone in this thinking?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Ben with no practice is probably better than Mason with practice.

This is good news!

Legend

User Info Menu

TJ is out thou.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    No doubt about that.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The offense is designed MOSTLY around the plays that Ben likes to execute. This probably the case for every NFL team in the league.

Ben showed flashes of improvement. Consistency is generally the measure. If Ben can play then it's a good thing for the team. How well will he perform is another issue.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Without both starting guards n a rook at center u know Chargers are going to be hitting "A" gap blitz packages until we show we can stop it. That also means for Harris ( who don't play like a rook but still is) he'll have to be on his game in the pass pro aspect. Ben is still productive enough but the backups n rookies tonight will likely be the story. Let's hope Claypool can contribute.

Legend

User Info Menu

Averaging 20 pts per game. Offense is anemic. Doesn't matter who is at QB.

Defense is hobbled.

Preparing for a night of drinking....

Biggest question is whether this will be the beginning of a late season slide!?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

This is good news!
    Roethlisberger's passing success rate is 41.6%. Only Zack Wilson is worse in the NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Since week 5 the Chargers have allowed 30.8 pts per game, 2nd most in NFL. They’ve got a DE and DT out with COVID. Like to see a heavy dose of Harris no matter who is QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Since week 5 the Chargers have allowed 30.8 pts per game, 2nd most in NFL. They’ve got a DE and DT out with COVID. Like to see a heavy dose of Harris no matter who is QB.
    They were going to get that regardless! Hahaha.

I’m more concerned now with the defense. No TJ means no pass rush. Means Herbert goes through his progressions. We are going to have our Hands full with Mike Williams today. Especially with no Haden.