Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben is Back! WTF?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben player well last night.

Shame on the staff for not protecting Ben on that last drive.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Ben has enough in the tank, but too many other issues to expect this team to be a serious contender this season, IMO.
    I am not seeing any teams in the AFC that the Steelers can't beat, of course, given that they can get 2 of the big three defenders back on the field for the remainder of the season. That's just me but I'm a Steeler homer to be sure, I always think they can win regardless of who is playing and who isn't.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I am not seeing any teams in the AFC that the Steelers can't beat, of course, given that they can get 2 of the big three defenders back on the field for the remainder of the season. That's just me but I'm a Steeler homer to be sure, I always think they can win regardless of who is playing and who isn't.

Pappy
    Here's what I see:

Concerns--

DL -- Cam and not much else. Will Tuitt be back? Don't think we can count on it at this point.
    OLB -- Left ourselves way too thin by dealing Ingram. Hopefully TJ comes back and doesn't get hurt again this season. A weak pass rush won't cut it.
    ILB -- For a 1st rounder that we traded up for, Bush is a joke. Can't get off blocks, out of position, whiffs on tackles.
    CB -- One starter goes down and weakness is exposed; no real depth
    S -- See above
    OL -- Too much inconsistency. Tired of seeing Green get shoved back, and defenders hitting Najee in the backfield on running plays. Still in much need of improvement.
    WR -- Claypool and Washington obviously can't get much separation. Tired of watching Claypool fall down when he doesn't need to, and come up small in spots where we need him to come up big. DJ is a bright spot, but isn't enough on his own.
    RB -- No depth behind Najee; if he goes down we're in trouble at RB
    Coordinators -- Probably not a great thing when your ST Coordinator is doing, by far, the best job of the three. I've seen enough of the Canada experiment. This team needs a professional OC.
    HC -- Still good at spewing the BS. Kinda sad when it has to be a player who is the one to point out to the team that they need to start taking practice seriously.

Bright spots --

TE -- Much improved over last year
    WR -- DJ improving
    RB -- Najee
    K -- Boz having a good year
    CB/S -- While they still have some issues, Pierre and Norwood show promise, IMO
    OLB -- TJ is awesome, when healthy
    DL -- Cam is playing at an MVP level, IMO

Too many concerns/weaknesses on this team to overcome its bright spots/strengths. There may not be any AFC team we can't beat, but I also don't think that, right now, there's any AFC team that can't beat us. I'm sticking with my 8-8-1 prediction, and guessing that won't be quite good enough to make the playoffs.
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-22-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t see anyone running away in the AFC this year. If we can get healthy on defense I think we have a shot at the playoffs.

Have to take care of business in the division.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don’t see anyone running away in the AFC this year. If we can get healthy on defense I think we have a shot at the playoffs.

Have to take care of business in the division.
    this Sunday @ Cincy is a great place to start
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

I know the joke, but I don't think the staff is actually allowed to play center (or guard, or tackle).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    I also don't see any team in the AFC that we can't lose to.

That's the NFL. Every team is good enough that it's not crazy to think anyone can win in any game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    this Sunday @ Cincy is a great place to start
    Will be interesting to see what happens if we lose (especially if we drop a few in a row).

I wonder if there's any scenario outside of injury where we sit Ben before the end of the season to try to start looking at the future.

Do we still play Ben if we get eliminated from the playoffs?

Backup

User Info Menu

Actually, I thought I saw Bosa lining up on the other side most of the night( against the RT). He lined right up on Moore on that play. I could be wrong. Ben needed to roll right on that play. That was the only way to avoid that sack.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I know the joke, but I don't think the staff is actually allowed to play center (or guard, or tackle).
    not sure if we had a RB on to help but we definitely should’ve had someone in there to help the OL on that last series.