Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben is Back! WTF?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Roethlisberger's passing success rate is 41.6%. Only Zack Wilson is worse in the NFL.
    Hence the "probably" in my first response.

I think you're previous post is correct. Doesn't matter much who's at QB...because neither option seems able to overcome whatever the issues are on this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Since week 5 the Chargers have allowed 30.8 pts per game, 2nd most in NFL. They’ve got a DE and DT out with COVID. Like to see a heavy dose of Harris no matter who is QB.
    Yep...need to run efficiently (good blocking, no flags). Also probably need some explosive plays in the running game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Roethlisberger's passing success rate is 41.6%. Only Zack Wilson is worse in the NFL.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with Ben tonight. 103 passer rating, 3 TDs and no interceptions. All with a half brained OC and no offensive line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Nothing wrong with Ben tonight. 103 passer rating, 3 TDs and no interceptions. All with a half brained OC and no offensive line.
    Those late turnovers gave him some great short fields to work with. We took advantage but that Mike Williams TD broke us.

We really missed Minka tonight. But especially on that one play.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    agreed, Ben definitely still gives us the best chance to win.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

wtf is a pass success rate?

at least link the site if you're going to put up a alternate stat

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    wtf is a pass success rate?

at least link the site if you're going to put up a alternate stat
    Success rate is about how many yards you get vs how many you need.

Generally I think it's something like:
    1st down: 40% of yards to go
    2nd down: 60% of yards to go
    3rd down: 100% of yards to do

I think for running plays, anything over 5 yards is also considered successful. Not sure if there is a similar think for passing.

And because it's a newer thing, I think different places sometimes have small differences in how they calculate it.

Nice to see Ben have good game tonight... Even in a loss. Trying to enjoy the end of a great career... Even if we're not a good team.

Legend

User Info Menu

If we continue to see last night's version of Ben the Steelers will win games down the stretch and compete for a playoff spot. Obviously, at this point, the defense needs to get healthy to help Ben from needing scores on every drive. But, last night made me feel like Ben has enough in the tank for the team to be successful this year.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If we continue to see last night's version of Ben the Steelers will win games down the stretch and compete for a playoff spot. Obviously, at this point, the defense needs to get healthy to help Ben from needing scores on every drive. But, last night made me feel like Ben has enough in the tank for the team to be successful this year.

Pappy
    Ben has enough in the tank, but too many other issues to expect this team to be a serious contender this season, IMO.