Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More reports of Haskins' laziness

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't believe any Steeler coach commented on Haskins "laziness". I think it's someone looking for clicks. If Haskins were lazy and not maturing I don't believe he would still be on this team.
    Has a backup QB ever got the start because he threw a strong ball and worked his butt off in warm ups?

This story makes no damn sense.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Has a backup QB ever got the start because he threw a strong ball and worked his butt off in warm ups?

This story makes no damn sense.
    Makes no sense? If a coach is commenting on the backup QB's pre-game laziness, then clearly said coach had higher expections. Haskins was one hit on Rudolph away from entering the game.

Honestly, what makes no sense is asking the question, "Has a backup QB ever got the start because he threw a strong ball and worked his butt off in warm ups?" LOL. C'mon. The backup QB gets the start when the starting QB goes out. Period.

It may have been made a bigger deal that it should have been. But with Haskins' history of reported laziness, maybe the coaches felt he should be preparing as though he's the starter, given that he just went from QB3 to QB2, not to mention that Rudolph has a history of getting knocked the f-out!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't believe any Steeler coach commented on Haskins "laziness". I think it's someone looking for clicks. If Haskins were lazy and not maturing I don't believe he would still be on this team.
    I think "trolling for clicks" is my default assumption with stories like this too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Makes no sense? If a coach is commenting on the backup QB's pre-game laziness, then clearly said coach had higher expections. Haskins was one hit on Rudolph away from entering the game.

Honestly, what makes no sense is asking the question, "Has a backup QB ever got the start because he threw a strong ball and worked his butt off in warm ups?" LOL. C'mon. The backup QB gets the start when the starting QB goes out. Period.

It may have been made a bigger deal that it should have been. But with Haskins' history of reported laziness, maybe the coaches felt he should be preparing as though he's the starter, given that he just went from QB3 to QB2, not to mention that Rudolph has a history of getting knocked the f-out!
    I have read stories about Haskins blowing his chance to play due to this story by Aditi. It implies he wasted an opportunity in warm ups. That sounds bogus to me.

If he is released then I will give this story more energy but its feels like clickbait.

and the whole “with his history in WFT” just makes it all feel like a distraction. After a game where MR went 30-50 it feels like she knew posting about Haskins would get more attention. Washington media would surely jump on this tweet and use it to rehash Haskins time in WFT.

I just want to know what this man has done to get this type of scrutiny. Now its warmups and listening to music on his phone? What next.. untied shoelaces in the locker room?

again, a “coach” supposedly called a pass lazy. No one actually said Haskins is lazy. If you read the context of the quote her story doesn’t hold up like it was originally presented.

Haven’t heard one word from anyone but Aditi on this and most readers are clowning her over this sad attempt at reporting.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-19-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Aditi hasn't struck me as the most reliable reporter. And right now, Haskins is kind of an easy target, IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Aditi hasn't struck me as the most reliable reporter. And right now, Haskins is kind of an easy target, IMO.
    2 critical fumbles
    Defense was bullied in the first half
    Bush playing like trash
    Haden out
    Ben out
    Claypool out
    Fitz missed tackles

so much to write about after a messy tie game against Detroit and she writes about Haskins?

I guess it worked because it got a nice amount of press. I bet she got tons of clicks in the DC area too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    There's something going on; once the smoke clears, we'll find out.
    wrong as usual, James Morgan was released today.

or was this a time based prediction?
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao