Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest eval after today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Honest eval after today

This is not a very good team. I won't even get into how subpar the coaching consistently is. That's a given at this point. From not having the team ready against scrub teams, to the game plan, no adjustments, insane play calls, etc. It is what it is, and that's never going to change.

QBs. Rudolph is trash. Plain and simple. If Ben misses another game we need to go with Haskins. He sucks too, but has a higher upside, plus can scramble a bit. Regardless, we need MAJOR upgrades at this position next year, cause none of these 3 guys are any good.

RB: Najee is a stud. Should be the clear centerpiece of this offense for a few years.

WRs: When Ray Ray Mcloud is leading your WR corps, you're in trouble. But really, what's the difference? JuJu sucks. Claypool is a few blunts away from being Martavis Bryant. Johnson is a #2, not a 1. Not good.

Line: Sorry, there's nobody good whatsoever. Green is pathetic

Defense: Cam. TJ. Haden. That's it. Nobody else is worth a damn, and aside from Minkah, nobody else would probably be a starter for even an average team. It's rare when you can 'notice' how bad an ILB is. But Bush stands out in that regard every game. Missing tackles, blowing assignments, getting burned, etc. Talk about a wasted pick. Speaking of wastes, can someone contact Missing Persons to see if they can locate Tuitt?

You hear a lot in other sports, 'keep these guys and move everyone else'. Well if that's the case for the Steelers, the list of 'holds' would be Najee, Diontae, Muth, Cam, TJ, Haden, Boswell, and the punter. Everyone else can go.

Starter

User Info Menu

You had me UNTIL : Defense: Cam. TJ. Haden. That's it. Nobody else is worth a damn

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    You had me UNTIL : Defense: Cam. TJ. Haden. That's it. Nobody else is worth a damn
    Who else do you think is good? Minkah and Bush can't tackle. Edmunds?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    it will be interesting to see if we give Minkah a big contract extension.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    He'll still get a big contract.

2 all pros in his rookie contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope not with the Steelers, spend the money elsewhere.

Pappy

Ben: What do you want to do if we win the toss?
    Tomlin: Take the ball
    Ben: Are you sure? They have an all world defense.
    Tomlin: I have you

1.20 - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2.52 - George Pickesn, WR, Alabama
    3.84 - DeMarvin Leal, DE, Texas A&M
    4.138 - Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
    6.209 -Connor Heyward, RB, MSU
    7.225 - Mark Robinson, LB, Ole Miss
    7.242 - Chris Oladokum, QB, SD State

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

At this point, he doesn't deserve one, not a big one. When he first got here, he was a difference maker, but now? Last year? Nope, can't say he is. At first, when his #'s declined, it seemed premature to judge him as having taken a step back, but now? He's just not producing.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...F/FitzMi00.htm

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    At this point, he doesn't deserve one, not a big one. When he first got here, he was a difference maker, but now? Last year? Nope, can't say he is. At first, when his #'s declined, it seemed premature to judge him as having taken a step back, but now? He's just not producing.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...F/FitzMi00.htm
    Was gonna put this in a separate post but I'll just jam it in here.

Norwood, in limited snaps, is quietly putting together a good case to not resign Fitz (or at the least to only offer an modest contract). Check some numbers (* indicates data normalized per 100 snaps for a better comparison):

Comp% Yds/Tgt TDs allowed INTs INTs dropped Tackles* TFL* PassesDef* Brkn/Miss Tackle %
    Fitz 64.3 6.6 2 0 1 11.4 0.2 0.9 16.9
    Norwood 65.0 6.6 0 0 1 8.5 0.9 1.4 14.3

Given the potential cap differences and the small differences in performance I think Colbert would be smart in offering Fitz a modest contract.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Minkah is great. Troy couldn't tackle great either in the open field he's just put his head into you. It's not Minkahs fault Devin Bush can't read the run gaps & gets swallowed up by blockers. And our backup DL were horrible. I think Sutton is very solid too and Edmunds is actually improving some like Bud Dupree did when he was bad first 3 years. And i really like Pierre & Norwood both rookies right? Not having Alualu & Tuitt is really hurting & showing us how average Bush, Schroeder & Highsmith are at the moment....I also like Biggs NOT as a starter but he's a decent backup NT. He literally won the Ravens game for us last year tackling Lamar Jackson of all people on 3rd & 4th & goal to seal the win. On 4th he tackled him with 1 arm while being held.

Offense i think you are dead on correct although Green will probably make a good guard when we draft a real center.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Minkah is great. Troy couldn't tackle great either in the open field he's just put his head into you. It's not Minkahs fault Devin Bush can't read the run gaps & gets swallowed up by blockers. And our backup DL were horrible. I think Sutton is very solid too and Edmunds is actually improving some like Bud Dupree did when he was bad first 3 years. And i really like Pierre & Norwood both rookies right? Not having Alualu & Tuitt is really hurting & showing us how average Bush, Schroeder & Highsmith are at the moment....I also like Biggs NOT as a starter but he's a decent backup NT. He literally won the Ravens game for us last year tackling Lamar Jackson of all people on 3rd & 4th & goal to seal the win. On 4th he tackled him with 1 arm while being held.

Offense i think you are dead on correct although Green will probably make a good guard when we draft a real center.
    Wrong. Minkah was great for 2 seasons. Now he's average, or at least playing average, at best. The rest of the names you mentioned are all ham & eggers that aren't anywhere near the upper half of their positions