Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest eval after today

Legend

User Info Menu

Funny how few of these sad sack posters were around during the 3 game win streak. Beating teams better than the Lions. Now all of a sudden they have no talent and no coaching....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Funny how few of these sad sack posters were around during the 3 game win streak. Beating teams better than the Lions. Now all of a sudden they have no talent and no coaching....
    Yeah they beat some real powerhouses.

Maybe you didn't hear Schobert's post game comments about how they need to 'start taking practice seriously.' Heyward said something similar last year. That my friend is 1000% on coaching, specifically the head coach. Christ I tell my youth team every week 'you play how you practice'. Tomlin's teams are constantly unprepared, and now we know exactly why.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And ya, they beat a Seattle team without Russel Wilson. The same team that was just shut out today, with Wilson. The Browns, who are imploding (as usual), and the hapless Bears (thanks to the Refs). Oh and the mighty Broncos. Plan the parade. Not to mention 3 of those were at home too

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    And ya, they beat a Seattle team without Russel Wilson. The same team that was just shut out today, with Wilson. The Browns, who are imploding (as usual), and the hapless Bears (thanks to the Refs). Oh and the mighty Broncos. Plan the parade. Not to mention 3 of those were at home too
    So you discount the opponent's team talent because the Steelers won but not the Steelers playing with backups? Gotcha.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So you discount the opponent's team talent because the Steelers won but not the Steelers playing with backups? Gotcha.
    Yes, I think traveling across the country and losing with a backup QB is a little less pathetic than managing a tie at home with a backup QB to an 0-8 team

Legend

User Info Menu

the board was humming today..

they were celebrating a loss in the second quarter.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah they beat some real powerhouses.

Maybe you didn't hear Schobert's post game comments about how they need to 'start taking practice seriously.' Heyward said something similar last year. That my friend is 1000% on coaching, specifically the head coach. Christ I tell my youth team every week 'you play how you practice'. Tomlin's teams are constantly unprepared, and now we know exactly why.

unbuttoned was the term colin coward used years ago describing tomlin's teams

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, I think traveling across the country and losing with a backup QB is a little less pathetic than managing a tie at home with a backup QB to an 0-8 team
    Good. Then when the Steelers travel to the west coast next week you won't have complaints should they struggle in the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Tell me how’d you use our first 3 draft picks?
    i think we're at a cross roads here. I got on this team management for spending so many high assets on defense (before this year) when its clear the league is not heading that way.
    did you see the roughing call on the lions QB in overtime? that would have led to a loss to any other team that isn't inept

Defenses are Neutered in today's game

look at the top teams in offense this year and what's their record.

1st in offense. dallas. 7-2
    cooper, zeke, their LT, all top 10 draft picks. they added lamb to that list just last year. their Ol is top notch

we've got a top 10 & 11 guys on defense they can't even seem to tackle

2nd in offense ravens 6-3
    3rd - tampa 6-3
    4th buffalo 6-3
    5th rams 7-2

cardnials 9th (2 games without murray) 8-2
    green bay with rodgers/adams is 8-2

look at the the recent SB wnners. tampa, KC etc.
    go in deeper and look at the final 4 each year and you'll see the same. dominated by great offensive teams

i think its pretty clear to see what a team has to do to become a winner nowadays and i'm not sure the current management is geared towards this thinking. that's why I like to see them all gone.
    the days of dominating defenses winning titles is over

as for first 3 picks I would have to see who is available.
    the obvious biggest needs are QB and OL
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 11-14-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i think we're at a cross roads here. I got on this team management for spending so many high assets on defense (before this year) when its clear the league is not heading that way.
    did you see the roughing call on the lions QB in overtime? that would have led to a loss to any other team that isn't inept

look at the top teams in offense this year and what's their record.

1st in offense. dallas. 7-2
    cooper, zeke, their LT, all top 10 draft picks. they added lamb to that list just last year. their Ol is top notch

we've got a top 10 & 11 guys on defense they can't even seem to tackle

2nd in offense ravens 6-3
    3rd - tampa 6-3
    4th buffalo 6-3
    5th rams 7-2

cardnials 9th (2 games without murray) 8-2
    green bay with rodgers/adams is 8-2

look at the the recent SB wnners. tampa, KC etc.
    go in deeper and look at the final 4 each year and you'll see the same. dominated by great offensive teams

i think its pretty clear to see what a team has to do to become a winner nowadays and i'm not sure the current management is geared towards this thinking. that's why I like to see them all gone.
    the days of dominating defenses winning titles is over

as for first 3 picks I would have to see who is available.
    the obvious biggest needs are QB and OL
    Dallas spent their first SIX picks in this year's draft on defense. AZ spent 4 of first 5 picks on defense. BUF spent their first two picks on DL.

But continue your narrative...