Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest eval after today

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i was wanting a trade for rodgers in the off season but I doubt he's enough to overcome the team's weaknesses to challenge for a title

we need a rebuild/reload
    short-term fix.

we need a longer-term answer.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Tell me how’d you use our first 3 draft picks?
    Assuming we don't bring in Rodgers?
    Kenny Pickett
    Oline
    BPA. Preferably Oline or WR

If we bring in Rodgers;
    Oline
    Oline
    BPA, preferably WR or ILB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    This is not a very good team. I won't even get into how subpar the coaching consistently is. That's a given at this point. From not having the team ready against scrub teams, to the game plan, no adjustments, insane play calls, etc. It is what it is, and that's never going to change.

QBs. Rudolph is trash. Plain and simple. If Ben misses another game we need to go with Haskins. He sucks too, but has a higher upside, plus can scramble a bit. Regardless, we need MAJOR upgrades at this position next year, cause none of these 3 guys are any good.

RB: Najee is a stud. Should be the clear centerpiece of this offense for a few years.

WRs: When Ray Ray Mcloud is leading your WR corps, you're in trouble. But really, what's the difference? JuJu sucks. Claypool is a few blunts away from being Martavis Bryant. Johnson is a #2, not a 1. Not good.

Line: Sorry, there's nobody good whatsoever. Green is pathetic

Defense: Cam. TJ. Haden. That's it. Nobody else is worth a damn, and aside from Minkah, nobody else would probably be a starter for even an average team. It's rare when you can 'notice' how bad an ILB is. But Bush stands out in that regard every game. Missing tackles, blowing assignments, getting burned, etc. Talk about a wasted pick. Speaking of wastes, can someone contact Missing Persons to see if they can locate Tuitt?

You hear a lot in other sports, 'keep these guys and move everyone else'. Well if that's the case for the Steelers, the list of 'holds' would be Najee, Diontae, Muth, Cam, TJ, Haden, Boswell, and the punter. Everyone else can go.
    Don't disagree with your.player assessment overall

That being said, bad coaching on to of a bad roster would seem to result in more than 3 losses at this point in the season.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think trubisky would be a decent pick up, young, decent upside and showed some flashes in Chicago where offenses are consistently vanilla and weak

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it will be interesting to see if we give Minkah a big contract extension.
    He'll still get a big contract.

2 all pros in his rookie contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

The team can't score points.

Not good for winning games against good teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609 View Post
    I think trubisky would be a decent pick up, young, decent upside and showed some flashes in Chicago where offenses are consistently vanilla and weak
    I think it's better to suck and then pick high.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think it's better to suck and then pick high.
    so let Rudolph play next year then?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Regardless where you stand on talent level...attrition is removing some of those "keepers".

Now MRI on hip & knee for TJ...things are starting to look bad.

It's hard to know how things will play out the remainder of the schedule...but sufficed to say, it is the harder part of their schedule.

If not for the mere fact that they are on the road for 5 of those 8 games.

Some D players will need to pick up the gaps. And frankly they desperately need Tuitt back and soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so let Rudolph play next year then?
    Yep.

Rudolph and Haskins