Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest eval after today

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Given the potential cap differences and the small differences in performance I think Colbert would be smart in offering Fitz a modest contract.
    which Fitz won't sign, thus making him a free agent and we risk losing him.

but the way he's been playing, maybe that's okay.

Starter

User Info Menu

Yinz have all forgot how much we got destroyed deep before Minkah. SHORT TERM MEMORIES

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    which Fitz won't sign, thus making him a free agent and we risk losing him.

but the way he's been playing, maybe that's okay.
    This.

He will sign a deal that makes him the highest paid safety in the league.

Here or somewhere else.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Yinz have all forgot how much we got destroyed deep before Minkah. SHORT TERM MEMORIES
    true, but if Minkah expects to become the highest paid safety in the NFL he needs to produce more than he is currently.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 11-17-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This.

He will sign a deal that makes him the highest paid safety in the league.

Here or somewhere else.
    Overpaying for performance rendered is the fastest way to the bottom of league. Fitz is not even a top 20 safety right now. Let another team make him the highest paid safety in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Again, You donít know football. Anyone saying LJ is as good as Herbert from the pocket is immediate proof of your lack of knowledge. In ten years, LJ will be out of football and doing play by play for Herbert who will still be in the league. Hahahaha
    You realize that in 10 years LJ will have been in the league for 14 years and be 35, 36 years old. If you get 14 years of play like the first 4 years he's well worth the big contract and will not have set the Ravens back 5 years. Man, give it up, the cat can play football and play it well. Barring injury (injury is something you can't predict) LJ is going to keep the Ravens in the hunt for playoffs and SBs regardless of his current record in playoff games. The Ravens and their fans will take LJ for 14 years without hesitation.

Pappy

Ben: What do you want to do if we win the toss?
    Tomlin: Take the ball
    Ben: Are you sure? They have an all world defense.
    Tomlin: I have you

1.20 - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2.52 - George Pickesn, WR, Alabama
    3.84 - DeMarvin Leal, DE, Texas A&M
    4.138 - Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
    6.209 -Connor Heyward, RB, MSU
    7.225 - Mark Robinson, LB, Ole Miss
    7.242 - Chris Oladokum, QB, SD State

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    OK let's bring a little fun to this dull thread. We all know Maniac is wrong about LJ being a bust. But i think he's right you don't want LJ long term as your QB for various reasons, mainly once running QBS get older or injured their game falls too much.

So as a Steelers fan RIGHT NOW if you could have Herbert or LJ locked in as the Steelers starting qb for the next decade who would you take & why?
    I'll take LJ all day, every day, for the next decade. There isn't a player like him in the league and while, as he ages, his quickness will diminish some but in his mid thirties he'll still be a good player. The Ravens offense is averaging over 400 yards per game of which 275 are via the pass so he's doing something right and his only real threat is Mark Andrews. The RBs are just some guys, the WRs have Brown (sort of) and then just a bunch of guys, the line isn't even up to Ravens standards and yet that team is averaging over 400 yards per game.

Another positive with an LJ lead offense, the Ravens are going to run more plays on offense than most teams because they can run the ball effectively. Plus, as a fan, its a lot more fun to watch LJ than Herbert.

Pappy

Ben: What do you want to do if we win the toss?
    Tomlin: Take the ball
    Ben: Are you sure? They have an all world defense.
    Tomlin: I have you

1.20 - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2.52 - George Pickesn, WR, Alabama
    3.84 - DeMarvin Leal, DE, Texas A&M
    4.138 - Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
    6.209 -Connor Heyward, RB, MSU
    7.225 - Mark Robinson, LB, Ole Miss
    7.242 - Chris Oladokum, QB, SD State

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Overpaying for performance rendered is the fastest way to the bottom of league. Fitz is not even a top 20 safety right now. Let another team make him the highest paid safety in the league.
    I think we don't want to fall prey to recency bias either.

He is certainly having a down year.

But he's been deserving of the 2x all-pro nods he's received since we traded for him.

And the down year he is having will hopefully cost him...that his contract won't be as high as it would have been if he got a 3rd all-pro in 3 years.

Big contracts like this are hard though.

My guess is that we don't let both safeties and our top CB go next season. And I think Edmunds and Haden are already gone for next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    My guess is that we don't let both safeties and our top CB go next season. And I think Edmunds and Haden are already gone for next year.
    that's a very good point.

you're most likely right about that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You realize that in 10 years LJ will have been in the league for 14 years and be 35, 36 years old. If you get 14 years of play like the first 4 years he's well worth the big contract and will not have set the Ravens back 5 years. Man, give it up, the cat can play football and play it well. Barring injury (injury is something you can't predict) LJ is going to keep the Ravens in the hunt for playoffs and SBs regardless of his current record in playoff games. The Ravens and their fans will take LJ for 14 years without hesitation.

Pappy
    Don't worry. LJ will be in some broadcasting booth long before that. He'll be doing the commentary on Herbert's game. LOL
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.