Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Change your season win total prediction in here!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Which goes back to the discussion we had before giving TJ the big new contract -- are you better off signing that one mega-superstar, or would it be smarter to spread that money to pay for, say, 3 very good players plus a couple of solid depth pieces instead?
    Yep.

This is the downside of having huge contracts.

But I still think it's important to have game breaking players. And that's what TJ is when he's on the field.

Hopefully he can stay healthy for the majority of the contract.

He's putting up DPOY numbers even though he's missed games this year.

I'd rather have 1 TJ (and 1 Highsmith as the other starter) than 2 Bud Duprees (and 1 Highsmith in rotation). And I think Bud is better than he's playing this year. But he's probably the level of player that you don't want to spend big money on (top 10ish guy).

TJ's a top 3-ish guy (i.e. elite). And I think that's where you want to use your cap dollars. I want elite guys who make lots of money plus dirt cheap guys on rookie contracts (who are hopefully somewhere close to league average). Then fill in the open spots with cheap vets with question marks (but try to get a few of them and hope one works out).
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-22-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So you are saying Archibong playing on DL was a drop off?? You might ask, WHO?.... exactly.
    at one time we had Archibong, Delontae Scott, Henry Mondeaux and Derrek Tuszka in our front 7.

can't win with those guys playing, that's for sure.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Which goes back to the discussion we had before giving TJ the big new contract -- are you better off signing that one mega-superstar, or would it be smarter to spread that money to pay for, say, 3 very good players plus a couple of solid depth pieces instead?
    Every time I bring it up Watt comes back and plays awesome..

but it still hurts to have so much invested in one guy
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Every time I bring it up Watt comes back and plays awesome..

but it still hurts to have so much invested in one guy
    FWIW, his cap hit this year isn't actually that big at $8.1M.

It's the next 4 years where it will be $31M (next year) then 3 years between $27M and $28.2M.

But I'm sure those numbers will change because we'll restructure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    at one time we had Archibong, Delontae Scott, Henry Mondeaux and Derrek Tuszka in our front 7.

can't win with those guys playing, that's for sure.
    If we had to field last night's defense the rest of the way, I don't see another win in the schedule. Maybe the Clowns if they continue to implode:

Bengals
    Ravens
    Vikings
    Titans
    Chiefs
    Browns
    Ravens

We need guys getting healthy. Quick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    If we had to field last night's defense the rest of the way, I don't see another win in the schedule. Maybe the Clowns if they continue to implode:

Bengals
    Ravens
    Vikings
    Titans
    Chiefs
    Browns
    Ravens

The way Eckler went through us like a hot knife through butter was especially frustrating and embarrassing. He was doing video game stuff on us. Especially that TD where he shook 3 defenders in the redzone and walked in.

If our run defense is similar to what we just saw, Joe Mixon is going to have a field day with us.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    The way Eckler went through us like a hot knife through butter was especially frustrating and embarrassing. He was doing video game stuff on us. Especially that TD where he shook 3 defenders in the redzone and walked in.

If our run defense is similar to what we just saw, Joe Mixon is going to have a field day with us.
    is this another one of your time based predictions?

lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    FWIW, his cap hit this year isn't actually that big at $8.1M.

It's the next 4 years where it will be $31M (next year) then 3 years between $27M and $28.2M.

But I'm sure those numbers will change because we'll restructure.
    I know this year isn’t the hurt piece for his cap hit. But I do think we let a few guys go in order to get his contract done.

Maybe I’m wrong though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

Bengals
    Ravens
    Vikings
    Titans
    Chiefs
    Browns
    Ravens

real quick as in right now.. lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

we need to get more turnovers if we're gonna be successful the remaining games:

Alex Kozora
    @Alex_Kozora

Steelers' INTs after ten games, 2019-2021:

2019: 14
    2020: 15
    2021: 4

Massive dropoff this season. Defense/secondary needs to create more splash. Starting this weekend against the Bengals.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor