Thread: Muth on the Luth.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Muth on the Luth.....

ok, I tried to come up with something catchy... so what if I sound like I have a lisp;

Legend

User Info Menu

But remember, he was a terrible pick by a front office who can't evaluate talent.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But remember, he was a terrible pick by a front office who can't evaluate talent.
    I think this is a strawman.

I think most of us who didn't like the pick at the time were objecting because of who wasn't picked vs who was picked.

And while Muth has been more impactful recently, the guy we wanted has also been very impactful.

I'm very happy that PF seems like he has the chance to beat the odds and be a big contributor in year 1.

I think many of us were looking at C and a better for four need and value in Rd 1. Especially if this was a year we wanted to compete.

Thankfully Green seems to be playing better lately too. And I think most said the PF pick would be sort of linked with the KG pick.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-06-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No Cease-Freier

The Freier Choir

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    ok, I tried to come up with something catchy... so what if I sound like I have a lisp;

Most yards AFTER CONTACT among ROOKIE tight ends?

I know he is playing well and looks like a fine pick but he was the second tight end taken.

He is EXACTLY what you'd expect of the second player taken at his position. Only he and Pitts have enough pt to possibly be in the running for any stat lead among rookies.

Pitts leads most stats, Freiermuth is second (but Pat also lead TDs 2 to 1).

My point is that I don't find the fact that Pat leads in that rather obscure stat amomg a narrow group of only rookies shocking.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

I know he is playing well and looks like a fine pick but he was the second tight end taken.

He is EXACTLY what you'd expect of the second player taken at his position. Only he and Pitts have enough pt to possibly be in the running for any stat lead among rookies.

My point is that I don't find the fact that Pat leads in that rather obscure stat amomg a narrow group of only rookies shocking.
    party pooper....

Legend

User Info Menu

wet blanket...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Time will tell, keep your eye on Josh Myers, Creed Humphrey, Jalen Mayfield, Brady Christensen, Wyatt Davis, Ben Cleveland, etc. before we know for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Being that the TE class was considered one of the weakest ever, well, ummm, yea. And that we had such a huge need at O line.....let's not pop the corks just yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    party pooper....
    Haaahaaaa...