Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: Deserves its Own Thread: Roethlisberger

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Deserves its Own Thread: Roethlisberger

    A turn-around in the making...#2 underrated player....

    Ya know, it might not be a bad thing that Juju is out this season. Roethlisberger is using multiple weapons to make up for his absence and it's working:

    https://www.nfl.com/videos/

    Caption this:

    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mG8Kps][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mG8Kps]captures[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

    Roethlisberger's new shiny weapons:



    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mG8FnE][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mG8FnE]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 11-02-2021 at 08:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    1 Gentry
    2 Watt

    Imagine the monster deal for a guy even better than Watt.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Nice to see Turner up there. The oline really seems to be coming together.

    Wow who here thought Gentry would EVER turn into even a solid backup.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Nice to see Turner up there. The oline really seems to be coming together.

    Wow who here thought Gentry would EVER turn into even a solid backup.
    Good point. Gentry's drafting has been brought up a few times over the last couple of years. Good to see something come from him.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Ben Roethlisberger has completed 25.8 percent of his pass attempts of 20 yards or more, the second lowest rate in the league.

    Only Jared Goff has been worse on downfield throws through Week 8. Roethlisberger's long-deteriorating arm strength has produced some wobbly, inaccurate floaters on many of his 31 downfield throws this season in a Pittsburgh offense predicated on quick, short passes to Najee Harris, Diontae Johnson, and the team's tight ends. Roethlisberger's downfield passing woes have had an outsized impact on Chase Claypool, he has caught just three of 10 targets over 20 yards downfield for 99 yards and a touchdown through seven games. On Sunday against Cleveland, Claypool saw just one deep shot from Roethlisberger.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    We're playing bad teams and taking advantage because of our defense. Period.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 11-02-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We're playing bad teams and taking advantage because of our defense. Period.
    yeah, the Buffalo Bills suck.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We're playing bad teams and taking advantage because of our defense. Period.
    Did you just make this up in your head?

    The Steelers offense has faced the 9th toughest defensive schedule and the defense has faced the 3rd toughest offensive schedule to date.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger has completed 25.8 percent of his pass attempts of 20 yards or more, the second lowest rate in the league.

    Only Jared Goff has been worse on downfield throws through Week 8. Roethlisberger's long-deteriorating arm strength has produced some wobbly, inaccurate floaters on many of his 31 downfield throws this season in a Pittsburgh offense predicated on quick, short passes to Najee Harris, Diontae Johnson, and the team's tight ends. Roethlisberger's downfield passing woes have had an outsized impact on Chase Claypool, he has caught just three of 10 targets over 20 yards downfield for 99 yards and a touchdown through seven games. On Sunday against Cleveland, Claypool saw just one deep shot from Roethlisberger.
    ........................................
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We're playing bad teams and taking advantage because of our defense. Period.
    lmao, you said it like its true.. and like it would matter if it were true.

    when the schedule was released it was a monster schedule.

    Now its all scrubs.. lol.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •