Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Remarkable Positive

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Remarkable Positive

    Of WRs with 100+ targets DJ is alone in the league with 0.... that's zero drops. This is one guy who took his job serious in the offseason and did something about it.

    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mN57oV][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mN57oV]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

    Two players to build an offense around; DJ and Najee.....Add Muth and it's the makings of a young core for the future QB.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Nice post NorthCoast. It's certainly commendable to see DJ put in the time to correct a flaw. He had a deficiency, worked hard to overcome it, and has succeeded.

    PS - I heard it was all the music he was listening to...

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    That's impressive given his past. Good for him. He's clearly the best receiver on the field for us.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I like DJ. Quick. Good route runner. Reliable hands now. Kudos on the effort.

    But he does seem to lack the ability to play physically. Just makes me think if he ever gets to the playoffs, you can take him out of a game with a quick and physical CB.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Of WRs with 100+ targets DJ is alone in the league with 0.... that's zero drops. This is one guy who took his job serious in the offseason and did something about it.

    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mN57oV][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mN57oV]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

    Two players to build an offense around; DJ and Najee.....Add Muth and it's the makings of a young core for the future QB.
    This is a great stat.

    Nice to see such a big improvement. Seems like the TV crews were praising the tennis ball drills he's been doing.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Nice post NorthCoast. It's certainly commendable to see DJ put in the time to correct a flaw. He had a deficiency, worked hard to overcome it, and has succeeded.

    PS - I heard it was all the music he was listening to...
    And it's a slippery slope to go from music to...DANCING!!!

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    This should not be lost among all the negativity right now. Kudos to DJ.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Of WRs with 100+ targets DJ is alone in the league with 0.... that's zero drops. This is one guy who took his job serious in the offseason and did something about it.

    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mN57oV][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mN57oV]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

    Two players to build an offense around; DJ and Najee.....Add Muth and it's the makings of a young core for the future QB.
    Good nucleus for the future. And add in Claypool (if he matures)
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I like DJ. Quick. Good route runner. Reliable hands now. Kudos on the effort.

    But he does seem to lack the ability to play physically. Just makes me think if he ever gets to the playoffs, you can take him out of a game with a quick and physical CB.

    If only he had a complimentary receiver on the other side that focused on improving his craft of physicality and catching the ball at it's high point, as opposed to having music at practices to make it more fun, you wouldn't have to worry about that.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Good nucleus for the future. And add in Claypool (if he matures)
    It will be interesting to see what we do with DJ come contract time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •