Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 118

Thread: Deserves its Own Thread: Roethlisberger

  1. #91
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers Now
    @PghSteelersNow

    Fox Sports analyst Jay Glazer said he doesn't believe the #Steelers will want to replace Ben Roethlisberger with a rookie quarterback.

    Instead, the team will be in the market for established stars like Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson.

    https://twitter.com/PghSteelersNow/s..._&ref_url=
    Glazer is just regurgitating someone's interpretation of Tomlin's comment on rookie QBs. Truth is no one has a clue what the team is thinking on a post-Roethlisberger QB. As has been pointed out repeatedly on this board a rookie QB contract can be a team's best friend.

  2. #92
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Gerry Dulac
    @gerrydulac

    Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers won't know if he is cleared to play until Saturday. FYI: The plane to LA leaves at 3 pm.

    Nov 18, 2021

    https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/statu...3142post783142

  3. #93
    Legend

    User Info Menu


  4. #94
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so much for that stat.

  5. #95
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so much for that stat.
    Another interesting stat.. for someone who had such a high QBR during that stretch.. he only has one 300 yard passing game to his credit this year.. very telling

  6. #96
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Another interesting stat.. for someone who had such a high QBR during that stretch.. he only has one 300 yard passing game to his credit this year.. very telling
    Goes to show you how some of these stats that are being rolled out are not really telling the real picture.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  7. #97
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Glazer is just regurgitating someone's interpretation of Tomlin's comment on rookie QBs. Truth is no one has a clue what the team is thinking on a post-Roethlisberger QB. As has been pointed out repeatedly on this board a rookie QB contract can be a team's best friend.
    I agree with your point about the value of a rookie QB contract.

    having said that, I really don't want to watch a rookie QB starting for us next year.

    nor Mason Rudolph, for that matter.

  8. #98
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Goes to show you how some of these stats that are being rolled out are not really telling the real picture.
    The stats paint the correct picture. If his average throw is 5.5 yds and he throws 50 passes he doesn't make 300. He isn't playing the game much differently than last season.

  9. #99
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The stats paint the correct picture. If his average throw is 5.5 yds and he throws 50 passes he doesn't make 300. He isn't playing the game much differently than last season.
    Good points. Something that puzzles me.. those sideline throws that he makes.. when he sets his feet and drives the ball.. he still has plenty of zip...
    So, if the arm strength is still decent... what's the deal with us not using the middle of the field more?

  10. #100
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Good points. Something that puzzles me.. those sideline throws that he makes.. when he sets his feet and drives the ball.. he still has plenty of zip...
    So, if the arm strength is still decent... what's the deal with us not using the middle of the field more?
    Watch the game and count how many times Ben has a chance to sit back in a clean pocket, survey the field, pick his receiver, set his feet and zip it in. Hint, if you usually use your fingers to count you will still be able to do it with your hands full carrying groceries. Ben doesn't even wait the three seconds for it collapse most times, as soon as he sees any familiar jersey he is already throwing it.

    I've said since last year that we don't know if Ben still has the arm to compete because he is playing afraid behind this line.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •