Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Hot in PC

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin Hot in PC

Wow. The last question in Tomlin's PC today really set him off. Slammed the interviewer who asked about rumors connecting him to the USC job. I'll try to post the link so you can hear his answer... ouch!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Wow. The last question in Tomlin's PC today really set him off. Slammed the interviewer who asked about rumors connecting him to the USC job. I'll try to post the link so you can hear his answer... ouch!!

anyone asking Sean Payton or Andy Reid about college jobs?

Yikes!!!

Tomlin sees it. I also heard Ryan Clark say LSU needed to back up the Brinks to get Tomlin.

Why in the hell would Tomlin to go to LSU?

I know these guys have to fill air time but these name drops for USC have been ridiculous.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    anyone asking Sean Payton or Andy Reid about college jobs?

Yikes!!!

Tomlin sees it. I also heard Ryan Clark say LSU needed to back up the Brinks to get Tomlin.

Why in the hell would Tomlin to go to LSU?

I know these guys have to fill air time but these name drops for USC have been ridiculous.
    Ya, it seems pretty clear that the question is related to Clark's comments.

I can see why guys want to be NFL coaches because it's the pinnacle of the sport.

But being an NCAA coach must be a sweet gig after you're already successful / if you're great at recruiting.

You're a god on campus and you are dramatically more talented than most of your opponents.

And because the players need you in order to be successful, it must be way easier dealing with players.

That's why I don't really get the big name NCAA coaches that come to the NFL. The odds are that you'll just get humbled. Although it seems like a college somewhere will always take you and you can build your fiefdom back up in short order.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sounds like he was pretty offended by the suggestion - almost as much as he was offended by Terry Bradshaw's comments some time ago. But it's not like there's never been an NFL head coach to go to a college team, right? Is it really condescending to suggest Tomlin might be recruited for/interested in, moving to college? I don't know. But he's right... no one is asking Reid, Payton, Bellichick about it!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Sounds like he was pretty offended by the suggestion - almost as much as he was offended by Terry Bradshaw's comments some time ago. But it's not like there's never been an NFL head coach to go to a college team, right? Is it really condescending to suggest Tomlin might be recruited for/interested in, moving to college? I don't know. But he's right... no one is asking Reid, Payton, Bellichick about it!
    Hell yeah its condescending!!!

The man coaches the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Why in the hell would anyone ask that question?

When coaches go back to college its always viewed as a step down or running from the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

I can see why guys want to be NFL coaches because it's the pinnacle of the sport.

But being an NCAA coach must be a sweet gig after you're already successful / if you're great at recruiting.

You're a god on campus and you are dramatically more talented than most of your opponents.

And because the players need you in order to be successful, it must be way easier dealing with players.

That's why I don't really get the big name NCAA coaches that come to the NFL. The odds are that you'll just get humbled. Although it seems like a college somewhere will always take you and you can build your fiefdom back up in short order.
    its a sweet deal if you came from HS or were a position coach.

But college is also filled with delusional boosters who are quick to fire a HC if they don’t return to glory in 3 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Clark went to LSU so he's pimping the job as some great thing.
    Tomlin is a top 5 paid HC in the NFL, one of the winningest records, and has one of the most envied coaching jobs in the league for likely as long as he cares to coach. Why would he want to go anywhere and start over?

It was a pathetically stupid question probably by some schmoe trying to make a name for himself.

Conspiracy theory? It's a secret agenda to get Tomlin out of the PIT HC job and the NFL....

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin is a top 5 paid HC in the NFL, one of the winningest records, and has one of the most envied coaching jobs in the league for likely as long as he cares to coach. Why would he want to go anywhere and start over?

It was a pathetically stupid question probably by some schmoe trying to make a name for himself.

Conspiracy theory? It's a secret agenda to get Tomlin out of the PIT HC job and the NFL....
    Meh...seems mostly like theater to me.

It's something that got a lot of play in the media when Clark talked about it.

It's not crazy to ask a question.

I didn't see / hear the PC, but if he made a big deal out of it, it probably just generates more clicks the guy that asked the question (and everyone else that's going to write a story about this because they have to hand something in for the deadline).

Legend

User Info Menu

Exactly.. this is a great way for a reporter to get ignored the rest of the season.

That reporter asked about USC not LSU.

He works for the Rooneys, what other HC for Pittsburgh has left for “greener”
    pastures of the NCAA?

When you get a gig like Tomlin has in Pittsburgh you ride that ish into the sunset.

Legend

User Info Menu

Meh...seems mostly like theater to me.

It's something that got a lot of play in the media when Clark talked about it.

It's not crazy to ask a question.

I didn't see / hear the PC, but if he made a big deal out of it, it probably just generates more clicks the guy that asked the question (and everyone else that's going to write a story about this because they have to hand something in for the deadline).
    it was theatre alright.. lol.

Did Clarks story really generate a bunch of stories? I don’t watch the ESPN shows like I used to. These type pf stories last for a
    few days and then disappear.

I think its mostly alumni and schools dropping big names to try and attract a top talent.