Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We are headed South but stuck in limbo for the 2022 season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I think that this current 3-3 Steelers team is about as good as last year’s team that started out 11-0. They might play like straight garbage for the rest of this season however in the process they might rack up 8 or 9 really ugly wins. It’s just way too early for the gloom and doom.
    We won our last 2 games so naturally the best thing to talk about is how we will suck in 2022.. lol.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Not time to write off the season. Only need to fixate on winning the division, then go from there. So what do we have? The media darling Browns. That team is decimated right now, both tackles, the QB, both starting RBs. And now reports are BM needs surgery to fix his shoulder. Since he is in a contract year I expect he will try to gut it out but defenses are gonna take shots at the shoulder. Then you have CIN who is showing some fire power. I don't think they are as good as their record suggests. They caught the Steelers early and did what they needed to do to win the game. But PIT OL is improving and I think a split with them is not out of the question. Then BAL with LJ having another LJ year. But as I've said before I think the Steelers defense has his number. My only concern is the DL is not the same without Tuitt or Alualu (and right now I'm not totally convinced Tuitt makes it back on the field this season). Bottomline, I think the division will be up for grabs and the Steelers have a chance to control their destiny.

Legend

User Info Menu

Its obvious we are not a very good team right now but this is one of the dopiest posts ive ever read on this board...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I didnt realize Tuitt was back...
    NOW THAT explains why he isn't doing anything this year.... LOL
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    NOW THAT explains why he isn't doing anything this year.... LOL
    its amazing how foolish the trolls look when you actually read their whole post. I admit I skimmed over that part.

but we have to remember Joel saw Pierre starting last year so who knows what the hell he sees.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Iím in no rush to end this season. Letís see how it plays out.

What if Ben and the OL continue to get
    better?

If we finish 11-6 or better who knows what the FO will do regarding the QB position.

Everyone wrote us off after the losing streak. If we find a way to beat the Ravens (which is highly likely given how we defend LJ) the narrative will flip.
    X2!!

I don't need to read any further or add my two cents, as Dizz perfectly captured my thoughts on the topic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think we're headed for the Bills zone after this year...just missing the playoffs, but don't get a good draft pick.

I guess that means we try to get good pieces and run with Mason / Haskins next year.

Maybe that means we're bad enough to draft a QB the following draft.

Or maybe we get lucky and one of those two guys turns out to be an above average QB.
    I see that your looking and planning for down the road like 3-4 years down the line; much appreciated. You want that franchise QB of the future to secure us for 10 plus years. But I donít see us in that bad a shape at the end of the year to put us in position to get that QB in the draft. If we are going to get a crack at that QB, weíll have to trade up and pay through the nose. Abs quite frankly, is there any QB you see in college worth that? None that I can see right now.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If we are going to get a crack at that QB, we’ll have to trade up and pay through the nose.
    if only we had followed your advice and traded ALMOST all of our draft picks to move up from #24 to #1 and take Trevor Lawrence.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Iím in no rush to end this season. Letís see how it plays out.

What if Ben and the OL continue to get
    better?

If we finish 11-6 or better who knows what the FO will do regarding the QB position.

Everyone wrote us off after the losing streak. If we find a way to beat the Ravens (which is highly likely given how we defend LJ) the narrative will flip.
    11-6? Not a chance.
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs. Every Steeler has a winning record during the regular season. Figure it out.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. Enough is enough.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Giving up on this season after 6 weeks is absurd. We’re 3-3 and showing signs of life. Enjoy the ride.
    Enjoy the ride? We beat Seattle because we we at home and they are without Russel Wilson. It took overtime to do it, otherwise we are 2-4 Few players are doing well. You're not going to win many games scoring 20 points, and like I said we caught Seattle down. A blocked Punt beat Buffalo and you can't count on that.

I'm not giving up on the season, but I can see how it ends.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 10-22-2021 at 01:13 AM.
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs. Every Steeler has a winning record during the regular season. Figure it out.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. Enough is enough.