Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are headed South but stuck in limbo for the 2022 season

Legend

User Info Menu

We are headed South but stuck in limbo for the 2022 season

We will likely up with a losing season, but not 4-13 bad. We already played 4 games at home and just 2 on the road. No high draft picks here and its a weak year for prospects. Ben will retire. The OL is still a mess and players and coaches are under achieving especially Bush, Tuitt and surpassingly Fitz. Where do we go in what will be the NFL's version of Purgatoy?.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 10-21-2021 at 01:45 AM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

I didnt realize Tuitt was back...
    I agree the offensive line isn't great but we did show some semblance of a running game last week.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    We will likely up with a losing season, but not 4-13 bad. We already played 4 games at home and just 2 on the road. No high draft picks here and its a weak year for prospects. Ben will retire. The OL is still a mess and players and coaches are under achieving especially Bush, Tuitt and surpassingly Fitz. Where do we go in what will be the NFL's version of Purgatoy?.
    Has Ben announced that he is retiring? Wait until the end of the season.
    The Rooney's are making money. If the Steelers are in Limbo for a few years the Rooney's won't mind as long as the revenue is the same. They did it in the 80's. Art is used to it. Although this time 5 years may be the max the fans will allow but I doubt it. That's why I think Art wants Ben back for 1 more year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I think we're headed for the Bills zone after this year...just missing the playoffs, but don't get a good draft pick.

I guess that means we try to get good pieces and run with Mason / Haskins next year.

Maybe that means we're bad enough to draft a QB the following draft.

Or maybe we get lucky and one of those two guys turns out to be an above average QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m in no rush to end this season. Let’s see how it plays out.

What if Ben and the OL continue to get
    better?

If we finish 11-6 or better who knows what the FO will do regarding the QB position.

Everyone wrote us off after the losing streak. If we find a way to beat the Ravens (which is highly likely given how we defend LJ) the narrative will flip.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep - I still have some hope for this season. Week one's Defense can make us hang with any team in the league. And if the offense keeps improving, we can make a little noise.

There's definitely a thin line holding up that hope though. A few more divisional losses can rip it away real quick. And of course, we can't afford more key injuries.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Yep - I still have some hope for this season. Week one's Defense can make us hang with any team in the league. And if the offense keeps improving, we can make a little noise.

There's definitely a thin line holding up that hope though. A few more divisional losses can rip it away real quick. And of course, we can't afford more key injuries.
    yeah.. not trying to talk about how “bad” we will be next year during the bye week.

If we can get past the Stains I see no reason why 6-3 isn’t possible.

Really looking forward to seeing a few more bodies on the field too that can improve this team.

Tuitt coming back would be huge. Also want to see if McFarland can do anything this year as well as the new guy we just acquired at WR.

Biggest thing tho is the OL. If they keep improving I see Najee really picking up steam and showing out now that we are using him more in the passing game.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Giving up on this season after 6 weeks is absurd. We’re 3-3 and showing signs of life. Enjoy the ride.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I’m in no rush to end this season. Let’s see how it plays out.

This is exactly what I would say. No reason to get ahead of ourselves. Good, bad or ugly once it's done we'll have time to sit back n evaluate who rides going forward n who do not ride!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think that this current 3-3 Steelers team is about as good as last year’s team that started out 11-0. They might play like straight garbage for the rest of this season however in the process they might rack up 8 or 9 really ugly wins. It’s just way too early for the gloom and doom.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.