Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get 'muth the ball

Legend

User Info Menu

Get 'muth the ball

I've been saying this all season. Kid is a weapon that we need to use more. No reason he can't be our Travis Kelce.

IMO should be getting 10 targets a game

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...roethlisberger
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Hitting him in the middle of the field for 10-20 yards a pop would start to open things up for this offense, no?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Hitting him in the middle of the field for 10-20 yards a pop would start to open things up for this offense, no?
    Throwing balls to people in the middle of the field seems like it would be good.

Muth.

And I feel like quick slants to Claypool from the slot.

But we haven't been good at throwing to the middle of the field for a while.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I've been saying this all season. Kid is a weapon that we need to use more. No reason he can't be our Travis Kelce.

IMO should be getting 10 targets a game

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...roethlisberger
    Agreed, we need to use him more.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like Muth bit he's a he has to start getting open down the field. Can he do that?
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs. Every Steeler has a winning record during the regular season. Figure it out.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. Enough is enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I like Muth bit he's a he has to start getting open down the field. Can he do that?
    You mean Ben open?

Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle would have a hard time getting Ben open running go routes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't mean they think Muth should be running the RB route tree.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't mean they think Muth should be running the RB route tree.
    I think Muth can run things that no other TE we have had could ever do. Guys is proving his pick in Round 2 was the right move
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I feel a lot more throws coming his way. He adds a little more hope about this season for me. We haven't seen his true potential yet. Hated to lose Juju but we still have weapons in the passing game. If Ben can start feelling more comfort with his line in pass protection and getting the timing down with everyone, I think we'll see a lot more passing success beyond 5 yards.

And his name is easy to move on from the Heeeeeeeeath chants. Muuuuuuuuuuuuth the ball down the field!