Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Not buying the too small view. The other Devin is almost the same size/weight and is doing fine. Your other points are spot on.

The fact that you even have that question speaks volumes about Bush's game.
    Calling myself out here after fact checking;

League leaders - missed/brkn tackle rate (#) *min. 35+ tackles
    LBs

Matt Milano - 22.9% (11)
    Patrick Queen - 21.1% (12)
    Alex Anazline - 20.3% (14)
    Two Patriot LBs in the top 10 (Hightower & Judon)
    Devin White - 14% (13)
    Joe Schobert - 44th in rate, 34 in #
    Devin Bush - his numbers are low because he is rarely in position to make a tackle, so it's not counted as a miss or broken

CBs/Safeties
    Donte Jackson - 27.3% (15)
    Bashaud Breeland - 23.5% (12)
    Eddie Jackson - 23.5% (12)
    Fitz is 21st in %, 6th in #

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bush sucks, flatly stated.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Injuries and the threat of injuries can make most players "gun shy". That being said, Bush needs to play better. I think he can and will.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Old Steelers nose tackle Chris Hoke, said on 93.7 The Fan last week, “I haven’t seen Bush defeat a block by an offensive lineman yet.”

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Old Steelers nose tackle Chris Hoke, said on 93.7 The Fan last week, “I haven’t seen Bush defeat a block by an offensive lineman yet.”
    Bush needs to go somewhere where he can go up against Kendrick Green.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he needs a Hampton-like presence in front of him to make an impact. He can't do it himself (in a way that someone like Vince probably could have). And I don't think we have a DL capable of keeping him clean.

Legend

User Info Menu

From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think he needs a Hampton-like presence in front of him to make an impact. He can't do it himself (in a way that someone like Vince probably could have). And I don't think we have a DL capable of keeping him clean.
    great point, Bush needs DL in front of him that can keep him clean.

this is where we really miss Alualu and Tuitt.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Man, and some fans were all moist about giving away draft picks and moving up for this guy. Same ones calling him terrible now… funny stuff.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Man, and some fans were all moist about giving away draft picks and moving up for this guy. Same ones calling him terrible now… funny stuff.
    Drafts really are a crap shoot.... think through all the years of "can't miss" prospects that turn out to be duds. Then think of those who were drafted late or not at all that become studs. Its a much safer bet on draft weekend to declare that the front office made a mistake not taking "X" player than it is to say I told you so.... That said Bush is not where he needs to be figuratively or schematically