Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Is he really mouthy?

There's one incident I can think of.

Nothing since, right? Maybe you count his comments about the obvious PR stunt of another team bringing in a TV host to play TE?
    Mouthy? Dude had 1 or 2 wtf social media post and that was it.

The things people latch onto are hilarious.

That being said, he played awful last game. Not sure if the speed of the game is throwing him off but he was in position a few times and just whiffed on tackles.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Is he really mouthy?

There's one incident I can think of.

Nothing since, right? Maybe you count his comments about the obvious PR stunt of another team bringing in a TV host to play TE?
    Yea, pretty sure Heyward had some words with him and he's been mum since.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Good thing he was on the team Sunday. He was better than Bush when he was on the field that game, IMO.
    Don't discount the loss of Alualu.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You could always run right up the middle at him. You can with most fast LB as their big thing is slipping blocks, shooting gaps and pursuit. Same was true with Shazier. They always need a VW next to them. Ideally in the 34, you pair a thumper and a fast/pursuit LB in the middle (the difference between the Mack and Buck). No knocks on any of the other guys, but missing VW to control the middle of the LOS (covering up Bush's flaws) is about as impactful as the injuries
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I get the impact of not keeping your LBs clean, but Bush has been getting completely swallowed up this year. He seems to be playing with no instincts, burst, or shed capability. I guess we can only hope it is a product of the process of coming back from an ACL tear...they say it takes a full year to recover completely. He was without question a better player before the injury. I like the idea of subbing him out for Spillane more often for several reasons:
    1. The Steelers defense might not suck as bad.
    2. Ease the workload and stress on that surgically repaired knee for a bit longer.
    3. Light a fire under his a$$.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I get the impact of not keeping your LBs clean, but Bush has been getting completely swallowed up this year. He seems to be playing with no instincts, burst, or shed capability. I guess we can only hope it is a product of the process of coming back from an ACL tear...they say it takes a full year to recover completely. He was without question a better player before the injury. I like the idea of subbing him out for Spillane more often for several reasons:
    1. The Steelers defense might not suck as bad.
    2. Ease the workload and stress on that surgically repaired knee for a bit longer.
    3. Light a fire under his a$$.
    Bush is small vs the run as easily blocked and too short and lacks instincts for coverage. Tomlin opted for Spillane in the last game. What does that tell you?
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Bush is small vs the run as easily blocked and too short and lacks instincts for coverage. Tomlin opted for Spillane in the last game. What does that tell you?
    And he has some maturity issues.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's let Bush get a full year post surgery before we give up on him

I said before the draft that it would be at least mid season before Bush started to get back to peak performance. This season is a recovery season for him. It takes time
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Let's let Bush get a full year post surgery before we give up on him

I said before the draft that it would be at least mid season before Bush started to get back to peak performance. This season is a recovery season for him. It takes time
    He making metal mistakes too. That has nothing to do with the injury.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    He making metal mistakes too. That has nothing to do with the injury.
    Physical limitations can easily lead to mental mistakes. It can also lead to injuring other areas of the body from overcompensating - thus his multiple groin issues. It's not like he's going to get cut in the middle of the season, so his story will have a chance to play out. If he doesn't start getting back to the player he was becoming prior to the injury, then more and more of his story will be written from the bench.