Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 121

Thread: Bush

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Iím gonna be patient with Bush due to him coming back from injury + didnít he have a groin injury vs Denver?

    I am a bit perplexed by why we are using Spillane on passing downs over both of our ILBs that are supposed to be good in coverage.

    I like Spillane and am all for him getting reps as I see him as a hard worker, solid tackler, and just the kind of guy thatís under the radar and easy to root for. But Butler seems to always want to put Spillane into a position where heís gonna be left on an island vs a WR on a critical 3rd down. Hasnít happened this season, but I have flash backs every time I see him out there on clear passing downs.

    Thatís the real question though. How the heck did Spillane become this 3rd down dime package LB? That seems like the last place weíd use him.
    You can't change your defensive scheme to accommodate a mediocre player. Not a recipe for success
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think Bush is a guy who can probably be good to very good if he can be kept clean.

    But Heyward (who is awesome) can't do that by himself. I bet Bush starts to look a lot better once Tuitt comes back. And I think he might be the guy most impacted by the loss of Alualu.

    Would be nice if we could find a cheap space eating NT that doesn't get the counting stats for a reasonable price in UFA next offseason. Ideally I'd like to try to draft a guy like that in the mid-rounds, but we haven't hit on that recently and we don't have mid-round picks this year.
    I've been whining for a legit space-eating NT ever since Casey has retired. Ask one of the greatest ILBs of all time how missing beef at DT impacted his game: Ray Lewis. He had some down seasons in between the SB years with Adams and Goose in front of him, but returned to glory once they added Ngata and company. He complained about not having some beef in front of him and Balt. complied.

    The same could be happening with Bush; I've rarely seen such a promising ILB turn so weak so quickly. He was supposed to be a building block to the total D, and now he appears as a weakness. Not good.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm perplexed why Spillane is on the team. Him on the field is a free play for a RB or TE to have a big play because he couldn't cover my Grandmother and God bless her she has passed
    Good thing he was on the team Sunday. He was better than Bush when he was on the field that game, IMO.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I've been whining for a legit space-eating NT ever since Casey has retired. Ask one of the greatest ILBs of all time how missing beef at DT impacted his game: Ray Lewis. He had some down seasons in between the SB years with Adams and Goose in front of him, but returned to glory once they added Ngata and company. He complained about not having some beef in front of him and Balt. complied.

    The same could be happening with Bush; I've rarely seen such a promising ILB turn so weak so quickly. He was supposed to be a building block to the total D, and now he appears as a weakness. Not good.
    Well, he is coming off an injury. Its not
    like he had an offseason after a great year and just came back soft.

    willing to give him more time but if he doesn’t improve soon he may see the bench. He was awful last game and even when he picked up the fumble it was
    cringeworthy.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    We knew it would be difficult to replace Shazier but Bush was pretty good before his injury. Iím giving him time and hoping he gets back to that level. His speed and instincts seem to be off.
    I'm with you. But I"m not opposed to adding another LB in the 3/4th round of the draft next year either.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Good thing he was on the team Sunday. He was better than Bush when he was on the field that game, IMO.

    We watched a different game because I saw the same "slow to get there" he always brings
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We watched a different game because I saw the same "slow to get there" he always brings
    No doubt Spillane is slower than Bush, but who was the better tackler? Do you get extra points for getting there faster if you can't make the stop?

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    We knew it would be difficult to replace Shazier but Bush was pretty good before his injury. Iím giving him time and hoping he gets back to that level. His speed and instincts seem to be off.
    His time is rebound is about up. He has turned into a mouthy liability as a tackler and cover person. Spillane isn't great, but he is reliable and looks to have added some muscle to his frame.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    His time is rebound is about up. He has turned into a mouthy liability as a tackler and cover person. Spillane isn't great, but he is reliable and looks to have added some muscle to his frame.
    Is he really mouthy?

    There's one incident I can think of.

    Nothing since, right? Maybe you count his comments about the obvious PR stunt of another team bringing in a TV host to play TE?
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 10-21-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •