Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Case for Chase.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    NFL guys say the 3rd year for a receiver is usually their break out year and DJ certainly looks like a better player.

I'm holding out hope that the same happens for claypool, but tright now it looks like he hasn't improved at all from last year.

on the field at least. I'm sure his TikTok game is Lit AF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FWIW I agree that most WRs do shine on TikTok before they do so on the field

But maybe that's just because of our experience with recent Steelers WRs.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 10-18-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Also since he's Canadian and my 4 year old is obsessed with Paw Patrol (created by Canadians)

If you don't have any connection to Paw Patrol, you probably won't get this. But my 4 year old was watching the beginning of the game last night.

After a bit she turns to me and says "I really like the commercials in this show (meaning the game)".

I asked her "Why?".

I get a huge smile and the response "Because they keep saying Liberty all the time."

do they pronounce offense "oohfense" on that show?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    do they pronounce offense "oohfense" on that show?
    Probably...but I can't hear the difference between "about" and "aboot"...so there are certainly better people to ask.

Legend

User Info Menu

Probably...but I can't hear the difference between "about" and "aboot"...so there are certainly better people to ask.
    We can sit down at Tims over a double double and a cruller and I'll explain the difference to you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Problem is the offense needs him to be better NOW, not next year or the year after. One play really irked me. He caught a ball and was running down the sideline and a DB half his size came charging to him to make the tackle and he chose to step out of bounds rather than laying a hit for extra yards. Meanwhile you got Juju and Harris out there killing themselves taking hits to make this offense go.
    You mean like this from ONE WEEK ago?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

how did I forget about aboot. lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yes the dude ain't perfect. But come on guys the kid is raw. But look at the kids HIGHS.

Despite his flaws, Chase Claypool:

1. Lead the team in TDs last season.
    2. Leads the team in total TDs over two seasons.
    3. Has the longest reception since he was drafted.
    4. Broke franchise rookie record for receptions.
    5. Tied franchise rookie record for TDs.
    6. Has the most multiple touchdown games since he was drafted.
    7. Has the most 100 yard receiving games since he was drafted.
    8. Has the highest single game yardage in the last two seasons.

IT HAPPENED LAST WEEK PEOPLE. His 130 yards LAST WEEK AGAINST THE BRONCOS are the most by a STEELER receiver since he was drafted.

HOW IN THE WORLD IS YOUR MEMORY SO SHORT????

Get this my friends.

When Chase Claypool had four TDs in the Eagles game last season:

Not only was that a franchise ROOKIE record...

THE LAST TIME ANY STEELER SCORED 4 TDs IN A GAME PREDATES THE HIRE OF CHUCK NOLL.

Franco, Swann, Stallworth, Bettis, Brown, Bell...NEVER DID THIS!!!!

Before you guys talk about giving up a kid who is in only his SECOND SEASON I suggest you recall....

We had another 2nd year receiver enduring growing pains before.

LAST SEASON HALF OF YA'LL WANTED JOHNSON GONE.

Now you act like the dude is Antonio Brown!!!

You guys are hilarious.
    He needs to grow up.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's a good decoy anyway; Muth and Ray Ray had more yards than him in the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    He's a good decoy anyway; Muth and Ray Ray had more yards than him in the game.
    When you have nearly THE SEASON TOTAL of Freiermuth the previous week in a single game...yes you make a GREAT decoy.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    When you have nearly THE SEASON TOTAL of Freiermuth the previous week in a single game...yes you make a GREAT decoy.
    Really want to compare him to a guy that gets a quarter of his targets in a game??

But honestly I want Claypool to work out as much as anyone. It's frustrating to watch his game sometimes.

Let's compare him to another Steeler WR with similar physical traits early in their careers; M. Bryant. Claypool has already matched Bryant's targets in his first two seasons. (Bryant had to share targets with Roethlisberger's favorite). Unfortunately no YAC was tracked in Bryant's first season.

MB CC
    Yds per target 11.4 8.8
    Catch rate 54% 57%
    Yds/rec 21.1 14.1

So OK, maybe if he can avoid smoking the hooch Claypool has a chance to make a name in this offense.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 10-19-2021 at 01:12 PM.