Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Bright Spot

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree with what you're saying for the most part, but I don't feel embarrassed.

    a win is a win, and those are hard to come by in the NFL.
    I said right after the game: It always feels good to win, but that was not a feel good win.

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Winning before the bye is always nice.

    Iím sure the doomers had their finger above the post button ready to submit their rants but we pulled out the W.
    Glad we won of course but anyone watching the game,s knows this isnt a good football team.
    We played a mediocre team w/o their starting QB and RB
    We consistently pass more than run
    We refuse to run the ball with Ben under center
    We cant play a full 60 minute game
    Its a lot easier to absorb a loss than in the past because unfortunately i dont expect much this year

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Glad we won of course but anyone watching the game,s knows this isnt a good football team.
    We played a mediocre team w/o their starting QB and RB
    We consistently pass more than run
    We refuse to run the ball with Ben under center
    We cant play a full 60 minute game
    Its a lot easier to absorb a loss than in the past because unfortunately i dont expect much this year
    We are young..

    and ancient at QB.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  4. #14
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I'll take the win, BUT

    The Seahawks almost beat us with a back-up QB if not for Watt plus we were at home. The offense still has its problems.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    The Seahawks almost beat us with a back-up QB if not for Watt plus we were at home. The offense still has its problems.
    I know Geno isn’t a great QB but it wasn’t like he was the reason we almost lost.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  6. #16
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    We consistently pass more than run
    We refuse to run the ball with Ben under center
    I feel like we created this problem, more than we actually want to pass more than run. Teams are stacking the box, knowing that Ben is struggling to pass beyond 5 yards. Collingsworth said it during the game.... something like, "I know the Steelers want to get back to running the ball but when the defense is playing you like this, you have to take what they're giving you. I get why they're throwing".

    An offense only works when there's a threat of both the run and the pass. The more we work out the kinks with the passing game, the better our run game will be.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I feel like we created this problem, more than we actually want to pass more than run. Teams are stacking the box, knowing that Ben is struggling to pass beyond 5 yards. Collingsworth said it during the game.... something like, "I know the Steelers want to get back to running the ball but when the defense is playing you like this, you have to take what they're giving you. I get why they're throwing".

    An offense only works when there's a threat of both the run and the pass. The more we work out the kinks with the passing game, the better our run game will be.
    Teams know we want to run more this year with Najee so they are stacking the box early and often. We still need to try and establish the run but there are times when we have to make teams pay for over committing.

    I want to keep Ben in the 25 to 30 range which means there are times when he needs to tale a shot when its 1-on-1 on the outside.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I think thereís a bunch of bright spots this year.

    Lots of rookie PT.
    Cam is playing better than ever.
    Gentry is finding his groove.
    Haeg needs to be on the field more
    The OLine is improving
    Patís getting into a groove
    DJ isnít dropping passes
    Najee is on the verge of making everyone better
    Edmunds keeps getting better
    AH is on the cusp of being really good
    And our pass D is legit and able to eliminate anyone they choose

    I see it all trending in the right direction for the most part except our QB.

    And I donít know what the answer is with Ben. But I do know we might not want to ask him to throw so often. Letís save his arm to make some 10-20 yard passes to stretch the D as far as he can.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    The Seahawks almost beat us with a back-up QB if not for Watt plus we were at home. The offense still has its problems.
    It's good to win.

    And this win isn't as bad as when we barely beat the Rats JV team last year.

    But it doesn't exactly feel like we're setting the world on fire here.

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think there’s a bunch of bright spots this year.

    Lots of rookie PT. agree here... I think future is brighter than watching aging guys trying to eek out one more season
    Cam is playing better than ever. looks like the defensive counterpart to ageless Brady... hope he avoids falling off a cliff
    Gentry is finding his groove. he had some nice blocking reps the last couple games
    Haeg needs to be on the field more Moore I think needed a break and Haeg can hopefully spell him for a couple of games
    The OLine is improving sometimes hard to tell but if they avoid the penalties they are moving ball
    Pat’s getting into a groove More Muth please
    DJ isn’t dropping passes whatever he did in the off-season has worked like magic
    Najee is on the verge of making everyone better there was one play against SEA where Najee got the handoff and SEA had 7 at the line with a LB standing in the hole that Najee was suppose run into. LB made immediate contact but Najee still gained two yards. That's what was missing last season.
    Edmunds keeps getting better ...hmm...every time I pimp his game he ends up with a downer. Didn't think he did especially well tackling last game
    AH is on the cusp of being really good no regrets by the Steelers in letting Dupree go (funny hearing the announcer during the BUF-TEN game say "this is the time we need to see Dupree play to that $80M contract")
    And our pass D is legit and able to eliminate anyone they choose agree, they have shut down some pretty good receivers (Wall, DK, Diggs)

    I see it all trending in the right direction for the most part except our QB Careful, some on here will say you are picking on the QB

    And I don’t know what the answer is with Ben. But I do know we might not want to ask him to throw so often. Let’s save his arm to make some 10-20 yard passes to stretch the D as far as he can.
    _____________

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •