Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bright Spot

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bright Spot

Tre Norwood flashed several times -- need to figure out how to get him on the field more

On another note, do they work with the DBs at all on tackling? That was a putrid display by the starters last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Another brightspot was when Wormley was on the sideline...
    We could actually stop the run.
    Gentrys blocking is also top notch

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Tre Norwood flashed several times -- need to figure out how to get him on the field more

On another note, do they work with the DBs at all on tackling? That was a putrid display by the starters last night.

Agreed on Norwood. I'd bring Carl Joseph into the mix, the dude's tackling is solid. Also regarding tackling, who taught Bush how to tackle, I've never seen a softer ILB, god he's frustrating to watch.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Agreed on Norwood. I'd bring Carl Joseph into the mix, the dude's tackling is solid. Also regarding tackling, who taught Bush how to tackle, I've never seen a softer ILB, god he's frustrating to watch.
    Agreed

probably needs to have his butt sat on the bench for a week or two

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Another brightspot was when Wormley was on the sideline...
    We could actually stop the run.
    Gentrys blocking is also top notch
    I think Gentry has been a great surprise this season.

The TE position is in good hands with 'muth and Gentry
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Winning before the bye is always nice.

Iím sure the doomers had their finger above the post button ready to submit their rants but we pulled out the W.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Winning before the bye is always nice.

I’m sure the doomers had their finger above the post button ready to submit their rants but we pulled out the W.
    To be honest, it's not the kind of "W" to brag about/feel that good about. That Seattle team, as is, would lose to about any team in the NFL and it took an OT, at home, with a 14-0 lead at half to barely scratch that win out. They ran the ball down our throat in the 2nd half, dominated the LOS. That was embarrassing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    To be honest, it's not the kind of "W" to brag about/feel that good about. That Seattle team, as is, would lose to about any team in the NFL and it took an OT, at home, with a 14-0 lead at half to barely scratch that win out. They ran the ball down our throat in the 2nd half, dominated the LOS. That was embarrassing.
    I agree with what you're saying for the most part, but I don't feel embarrassed.

a win is a win, and those are hard to come by in the NFL.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Pretty sure every W this year will be frowned upon by people like you.

We have a young OL and an old ass QB.

Do you really want to win or just look good losing?

I’ll take an ugly W over a gorgeous L every day of the week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree with what you're saying for the most part, but I don't feel embarrassed.

a win is a win, and those are hard to come by in the NFL.
    embarrassed about winning? lmao

Whisper must think we are responsible for wins and losses.