Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Week Changes Needed

Legend

User Info Menu

Washington

did he get any snaps last night? I don’t remember seeing 13 on the field or hearing his name.

Bush was bad last night. Tons of arm tackles.

Minkah? What happened?
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

-Agreed on the points made about Bush earlier, seems weak on tackling and not in position most times

-Edmonds, wow. Where to even begin? Has this dude even sniffed a pass breakup or interception in the last few years? He can't tackle either, just a useless waste of a 1st round pick. Let Carl Joseph on the field and let's see how it shakes out.

-Fitz, agreed that he is declining. He came on like a Hurricane when we traded for him, but haven't seen much value in him since late last season. Could Edmond's weak play be contributing to that? Possibly.

-Dan Moore Jr. just isn't cutting the butter at left tackle. Guys have been running around him all season, probably is contributing to Ben's rushed throws at times....

-Harris.... I feel bad for him, he's getting hit in the backfield so often that he has no run rhythm. He's second guessing where to go on every play. I haven't seen a Steelers OL this bad since Frank Pollard was looking for holes in the 80's.

-Big Ben's decision making. He's older and slower, you expect his physical prowess to decline. What you rely on in keeping an older vet like him around is his ability to analyze and make plays effectively based upon his experience. I see him forcing throws and making a lot of bad choices, didn't expect his mental state within the game to decline so rapidly. He's taking a beating, and I still wonder if he'll have the stamina to finish the season.

My .02 of a dollar,
    -Joos, out
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Washington

did he get any snaps last night? I don’t remember seeing 13 on the field or hearing his name.

Bush was bad last night. Tons of arm tackles.

Minkah? What happened?
    Washington had a catch last night. He needs to be more involved in the offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wormley is really really bad.
    Every time he was in game they ran his way.
    Not sure if this caused Schoebert to be washed out constantly but he was just as bad as Bush.
    We are still forcing Harris to run like Bell.
    Bens RPO decision making was horrendous last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Agree on Claypool. For his size he should come down with almost everything tossed up his way. He loses out on balls against much smaller defenders. My hope is that with experience and coaching he will learn.

Listened to the second half on radio last night as I took my son back to school, watched the first half with him, then drove back. From the sounds of it, after Moore went down and Haeg went in, Najee's run production improved running behind him. Does that sound right?

The run D gets gashed regularly since TA went down. We need Tuiit in there to help stabilize.

FWIW when I noticed Green last night it was usually in a good way. He seemed to be getting downfield and blocking a second man, instead of always being pushed back.

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben has improved the last two games. He will continue to do so.
    Najee is tough, a true Steeler RB. He will continue to improve.
    Friermuth will become a top target for Ben. He is the next Steeler TE legend.
    Claypool is inconsistent and is only good for combat catches. He will have go over the middle to get catches or he won't be getting many.
    Johnson will continue to be Ben's goto WR. Johnson has got to get over his fear of contact. It leads to stupid decisions on his part.
    After the bye, Friermuth, Najee and Johnson will get >65% of all touches.
    MaCloud is not an NFL receiver. He will be a return man, that's it.
    The D-line must get Tuitt back. Teams saw they will be able to smashmouth our defense. We have to correct this. The Browns and Ravens await.
    Ben will improve and he will pick the guys he can trust to get the ball as I stated above.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Washington had a catch last night. He needs to be more involved in the offense.
    Was the Biletnikov winner in 2017 as the best WR in college and the Steelers can't seem to find a way to get him the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Agree on Claypool. For his size he should come down with almost everything tossed up his way. He loses out on balls against much smaller defenders. My hope is that with experience and coaching he will learn.

Listened to the second half on radio last night as I took my son back to school, watched the first half with him, then drove back. From the sounds of it, after Moore went down and Haeg went in, Najee's run production improved running behind him. Does that sound right?

The run D gets gashed regularly since TA went down. We need Tuiit in there to help stabilize.

FWIW when I noticed Green last night it was usually in a good way. He seemed to be getting downfield and blocking a second man, instead of always being pushed back.
    Green is trying hard but alas I think center might not be cut out for him in the NFL. The fat bodies he goes against are just not moving much. Would absolutely LOVE to see him at guard next season after they draft a center.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Green is trying hard but alas I think center might not be cut out for him in the NFL. The fat bodies he goes against are just not moving much. Would absolutely LOVE to see him at guard next season after they draft a center.
    If this ends up being the case, it is the reason that people were arguing that the TE in round 2 was a luxury pick (per the OP).

Disliking that pick was about Humphrey not about Freiermuth.

I think I'll be curious about why we didn't seem to have any interest in Humphrey for a while.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Wormley is really really bad.
    Every time he was in game they ran his way.
    Not sure if this caused Schoebert to be washed out constantly but he was just as bad as Bush.
    We are still forcing Harris to run like Bell.
    Bens RPO decision making was horrendous last night.
    They are stuck with playing Wormley because Davis can't seem to stay healthy. Buggs and Mondeaux and Wormley are JAGs, can't win one on ones and only occassionally make a play when the OL doubles or triples Watt and Heyward. Loudermilk might be the better option but he is still learning.