Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Seahawks - game time

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post

Claypool is underperforming this year. Not only in the contested catches dept - but in the small things as well. In OT he pulled up on his route allowing the guy covering him to release and step up to make the tackle on ray ray. keep running, and we get that first down easy with ray ray uncovered. It forced the punt.
    While true, I don't think "caring" has anything to do with it. You are describing a subtlety that needs to be coached out of him.

And that DB was exceptional in his recognition of, and reaction to where Ben was going. Normally that play ain't made despite Claypools mistake. Nevertheless, you are right that it was a mistake.

Dude is raw. Had success in college by sheer talent not honed skills.

He shows flashes of pure dominance at times. If we are patient as he hones his craft I have no doubt, kid is special.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-18-2021 at 07:42 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    While true, I don't think "caring" has anything to do with it. You are describing a subtlety that needs to be coached out of him.

And that DB was exceptional in his recognition of, and reaction to where Ben was going. Normally that play ain't made despite Claypools mistake. Nevertheless, you are right that it was a mistake.

He shows flashes of pure dominance at times. If we are patient as he hones his craft I have no doubt, kid is special.
    At this point I am not at all optimistic he lives up to his potential as a #1 receiver.

Legend

User Info Menu

ANY QUESTIONS??

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mBUAHq][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mBUAHq]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

A triple team?... no problem;

Right now this defense consists of Cam Heyward + TJ Watt... then everybody else.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 10-18-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

I didn't say he doesn't care - that was someone else.

I agree he's still very raw and has tremendous potential. But his current play is not sufficient for what we need. I know it's only year 2 - but the Steelers need him to develop faster. The little things make a huge difference.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I didn't say he doesn't care - that was someone else.

I agree he's still very raw and has tremendous potential. But his current play is not sufficient for what we need. I know it's only year 2 - but the Steelers need him to develop faster. The little things make a huge difference.
    I agree he still need to develop his game.

The way I look at it is there’s a reason he is a clone of Megatron, yet we were able to draft him in round 2.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    First half was impressive.
    Hawks made the needed adjustments and shredded our D in the 2nd half
    To me, that doesn't equal an impressive defensive performance

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I agree he still need to develop his game.

The way I look at it is there’s a reason he is a clone of Megatron, yet we were able to draft him in round 2.
    Clone of Megatron?
    Right now he couldn't hold Megatron's jock

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Well, for 2 drives of the 2nd half anyway. The way they were running against us for those 2 drives, I was suprised they threw the ball at all until we stopped the run.

I'd love to know more of the X's and O's for why they were so successful in those drives but weren't able to do anything in the first half.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    ANY QUESTIONS??

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mBUAHq][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mBUAHq]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Right now this defense consists of Cam Heyward + TJ Watt... then everybody else.
    I thought Highsmith was good too...but not at the same level as Cam and TJ.

Hopefully he's over the groin thing and can excel.

I thought that the D would dominate the 2nd half last night with a 2 TD lead. Maybe they would have if they were more sure handed tackling.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    That’s why I said the first half.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?