Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs SeaChickens

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Honestly, I hate these kind of games.

Game plan is score early, don't turn the ball over, and make the weak-link QB beat you.

We haven't done very well in these kind of situations...especially in important games.

So let's turn the page today.

Hopefully we can keep our score on the 1st possession streak alive.

And I don't know when the last time we won with more than 1 turnover was...real quick look shows I think wins against Bal (1st time) and Ten last year had more than 1 turnover. Maybe there were more of the wins in this category too.

And hopefully our D doesn't make a never-was QB look like a world beater.
    Geno Smith came in and immediately marched Seattle 98 yards and had a 23 yard pass TD on his first drive against the Rams.

Next drive he threw an INT when Lockett was tripped on his route and fell down.

I think we win this game but I was a little shocked how well he looked on that first drive.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Geno Smith came in and immediately marched Seattle 98 yards and had a 23 yard pass TD on his first drive against the Rams.

Next drive he threw an INT when Lockett was tripped on his route and fell down.

I think we win this game but I was a little shocked how well he looked on that first drive.
    I'm hoping that knowing that he's playing will let us prepare for him.

I've heard that he has a tendency to flee the pocket early and roll to TJ's side.

That could be pretty entertaining

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Steelers weakness is actually a SEA positive, which ain't good. SEA has a lot of explosive plays (Lockett, DK) while the Steelers have given up a lot of big plays. I think Sutton is back so that should help. And since their run game is mostly meh I expect Fitz will hang back to help against deep balls.
    The Seahawks are competent at running the ball. The Seahawks have a decent average outside of Wilson's rushes.

Both teams are well coached at the top. I know I know that's contrary to the "Monday morning QB's" and Tomlin detractors on this site. How will the coaching staffs adjust to player losses on both sides?

There is a high % chance that player performance will decide the outcome. So many factors at play in an NFL game. So we'll see. I like the Steelers chances.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    The Seahawks are competent at running the ball. The Seahawks have a decent average outside of Wilson's rushes.

Both teams are well coached at the top. I know I know that's contrary to the "Monday morning QB's" and Tomlin detractors on this site. How will the coaching staffs adjust to player losses on both sides?

There is a high % chance that player performance will decide the outcome. So many factors at play in an NFL game. So we'll see. I like the Steelers chances.
    Me too.

Steelers 27
    Seahawks 17
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Part of the reason that Seattle has good rushing stats is a) because Wilson can run the ball himself (although he hasn't really this season) and b) A defense has to focus on RW the throwing QB, and cannot sell out to stop the run.

Coming into today the Seahawks have neither Wilson nor Carson (4.3 YPC). The Steelers will be facing Geno Smith and Alex Collins with a week to prepare for them both. Barring the unforeseen (always need that disclaimer) this is a must win game - as in a game that there is no excuse to lose.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm hoping that knowing that he's playing will let us prepare for him.

I've heard that he has a tendency to flee the pocket early and roll to TJ's side.

That could be pretty entertaining
    I’m hoping Geno’s mind plays tricks on him since he knows he is the starter now.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers defense is way down in sacks compared to last season at this point. Not a good sign. I know; Watt hurt, Alualu out, Tuitt out. Even if Tuitt makes it back any time soon I'm not sure he's just going to pick up where he left off when he last played.
    This is when it hurts losing a player like Hargrave who is tearing it up in Philly; 32 tackles, 6 sacks ... and he is only 28...!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Steelers defense is way down in sacks compared to last season at this point. Not a good sign. I know; Watt hurt, Alualu out, Tuitt out. Even if Tuitt makes it back any time soon I'm not sure he's just going to pick up where he left off when he last played.
    This is when it hurts losing a player like Hargrave who is tearing it up in Philly; 32 tackles, 6 sacks ... and he is only 28...!
    One of the things they've been saying on the Terrible Podcast is that blitz rate is way down. They think that's because the secondary is less experienced than last year so they don't feel like they can send extra guys as much.

Legend

User Info Menu

i'd guess turnovers are down too. likely a correlation with the number of sacks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

One of the things they've been saying on the Terrible Podcast is that blitz rate is way down. They think that's because the secondary is less experienced than last year so they don't feel like they can send extra guys as much.
    Did we find ourself in the Denver game? Time will tell.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.