Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Gruden resigns

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    You heard it here first.

Gruden will be our OC in 2 years. Tomlin has deep ties and the Steelers are a legendary anti-racist franchise who created the Rooney rule and can clean the filth off him and rehabilitate his image.

I don’t think he should be allowed anywhere near the NFL - but they never listen to me.
    lmao.. no he won’t.

He is finished. Owners will not allow him anywhere near a football team.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    To your point:

I won't be holding my breath.

Seems like releasing those e-mail would be worse for them than having most people just speculating that they're bad. Same thing with the Patriot tapes.

Re: Felt below, I don't think it's Bruce Allen that they are protecting.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I won't be holding my breath.

Seems like releasing those e-mail would be worse for them than having most people just speculating that they're bad. Same thing with the Patriot tapes.

Re: Felt below, I don't think it's Bruce Allen that they are protecting.
    Well said.

Roger has to protect 'The Shield', and it's owners. I doubt we will ever know how far this goes, because the same fire pit the NE tapes were thrown into, is being re-ignited for these emails. The 'Confidentiality' excuse will be thrown around by the NFL, but it didn't pertain to Gruden, LOL. He was the sacrifice, even though he deserves to be out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lmao.. no he won’t.

Likely, but we shall see ‘said the zen master’……

Btw, am I the only one who finds it ironic and poetic that Gruden wanted Eric Reid to be fired for speaking his mind - and then got his own a$$ fired for speaking his?
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Gruden is the patsy for some very powerful people. I wonder if the sexual harassment investigation will ever net anything or the women just have to live with it? The Gruden thing is too convenient.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lmao.. no he won’t.

They'd be stupid to do so. On the most simple level: What black player is going to want to play for him?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Anyone up for a good old game of smear the queer.... wait....what...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    They'd be stupid to do so. On the most simple level: What black player is going to want to play for him?
    My earlier point spoken with brevity.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

The NFL will tread very lightly on this. There are 650K emails and not all of them only implicate an easy fall guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

As bad as Gruden's statements were, the sexual harassment is 10 times worse, there were female employees made to pose topless with different people, etc., etc., etc. Having a wife and many nieces and knowing what the @ssclown, Larry Nassar, did to the Olympic gymnasts, I hope this doesn't go away and these fools are held accountable.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert