Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Gruden resigns

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Here's what no one is addressing:
    hey, get a chance to watch Lamar Jackson play last night by any chance?
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Glad he's gone, now the WFT organization to be really exposed as well, as does Goodell's attempt to cover up the sex scandals there.
    Right?????? Trying to protect Snyder. Goodall protects the owners no matter what.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's what no one is addressing:

When you talk the way Gruden was talking in those emails, that was a comfortable conversation he was having..because you don't talk like that to just someone random....you only talk openly like that with someone you know that shares a like mind and attitude.

So Bruce Allen (former GM of the Redskins) was also in this state of mind. If not, he would have (should have) reported those things on the spot. My point is, Gruden was a hidden racist and got busted only because of an investigation by the NFL on the Redskins. But Gruden isn't the only hidden racist out there. Bruce Allen was a racist as well. The NFL has more but they just haven't been exposed yet.

You can bet that there are GM's and executives all over the league sweeping their computers clean of old emails because of what just happened to Gruden.
    There is a reason the NFL settled with Kaepernick and Reid. They didn't want everyone to see all the emails showing they black balled Kaepernick.

Anyone who played the game knows it's not a shock to hear this type of talk from coaches or to have coaches that have racist or bigoted views.

What trips me out is how people keep asking why Gruden is being "targeted" when the evidence is right there. Now there are former employees who are also demanding more names drop and more information is released and I agree. It is a bit odd that this investigation could end with a Raider taking the fall.

Is this it? Are more names coming out? Will we care since they may be execs we aren't familiar with? I doubt more high profile names hit the news but I think Snyder should fall or be forced to sell.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Right?????? Trying to protect Snyder. Goodall protects the owners no matter what.

He works for the owners..

so it's not really a surprise that he would protect Snyder. I'm sure other owners are chiming in to defend him.

Also remember Gruden told Allen to ask if Tampa's owner would give "speak into the mic" aka perform a sex act on him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Gruden had no choice. The NFL was going to keep leaking emails until he resigned. Not that he needs to work ever again but he's completely done in the NFL - coaching or broadcasting.
    Right. He's done for but did anyone reply your his email saying something to reinforce it? How deep does this rabbit hole go? Also the Raiders organization is in position for some damage control, sort of as they employ the only openly gay player in Carl Naissb. So Gruden & the Raiders obviously tolerated this stance for a back up player.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 10-13-2021 at 04:18 AM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Goodall protects the owners no matter what.
    ummm, do you think that might have something to do with the fact that he's employed by the owners and they sign his paycheck?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He works for the owners..

so it's not really a surprise that he would protect Snyder. I'm sure other owners are chiming in to defend him.

Also remember Gruden told Allen to ask if Tampa's owner would give "speak into the mic" aka perform a sex act on him.
    But to protect them and lobby for them while their in clear evidence of breaking the law (Robert Kraft). That means your a man who's morals can be bought and that is a man I could/would never respect.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

That means your a man who's morals can be bought and that is a man I could/would never respect.
    I don't know how Roger Goodell is going to be able to sleep tonight.

Legend

User Info Menu

But to protect them and lobby for them while their in clear evidence of breaking the law (Robert Kraft). That means your a man who's morals can be bought and that is a man I could/would never respect.
    They pay him $30 mill a year.

Of course he is bought and paid for, he is a company man.

I think people forget who works for who when it comes to Goodell. The owners don’t report to him. He reports to the owners.