Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Gruden resigns

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OT: Gruden resigns

Wow. Didn't see that coming. Although, I never really liked him and his tough-guy act. And his commercials suck.

Why people put stuff like he wrote into emails and social media is beyond me - documenting how stupid you are. Good riddance Chucky.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/s...ruden-say.html

Legend

User Info Menu

When a man says he doesn’t have a racist bone in his body after being caught saying something racist.. smh.

What’s crazy is the only reason they caught Gruden is because Allen was using his work email and it was probably found during the investigation into sexual harassment allegations of the WFT.

Tried to tell people that franchise was toxic as hell… and not in a bad at football toxic, I mean truly toxic to the core. From 15 sexual harassment accusations to racism, bigotry and leaked info.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-12-2021 at 09:25 AM.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’d like to see the NFL punish the Raiders by making them forfeit all of their wins this season. 3-2 > 2-3
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I’d like to see the NFL punish the Raiders by making them forfeit all of their wins this season. 3-2 > 2-3
    I think more is going to come of this. He sent those emails to people. They replied, did or didn't say anything etc. There will be a lot more to come from this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gruden had no choice. The NFL was going to keep leaking emails until he resigned. Not that he needs to work ever again but he's completely done in the NFL - coaching or broadcasting.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder what else the feds found while raiding the WFT training facility? It seems like that place is a black hole of dark secrets.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Gruden had no choice. The NFL was going to keep leaking emails until he resigned. Not that he needs to work ever again but he's completely done in the NFL - coaching or broadcasting.
    Its amazing how nonchalant Bruce Allen was in using his work email.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Digital is forever...be careful what you type and send

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I wonder what else the feds found while raiding the WFT training facility? It seems like that place is a black hole of dark secrets.
    THIS! Isn't it curious; a) they find an email from Gruden and he is immediately canned, b) more than 6 months into WFT investigation and not a peep on anything. Owners are protecting their own. And they wanted Gruden out of the NFL. The timing of release of Gruden's email is also suspicious because the target of the email was up for re-election. Supposedly the league wanted him back and used this incident to help the cause.

NFL has some real shady past with dealing with stuff like this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    THIS! Isn't it curious; a) they find an email from Gruden and he is immediately canned, b) more than 6 months into WFT investigation and not a peep on anything. Owners are protecting their own. And they wanted Gruden out of the NFL. The timing of release of Gruden's email is also suspicious because the target of the email was up for re-election. Supposedly the league wanted him back and used this incident to help the cause.

NFL has some real shady past with dealing with stuff like this.
    It does seem odd that the only thing they've found is a 10 year old e-mail from a guy who wasn't employed by the NFL at the time.