Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Too Many Good QBs in the NFL

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Too Many Good QBs in the NFL

    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mzZYFN][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mzZYFN]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr


    There are some really bad defenses out there (Indy finished w 513 total yds).

    Is this a reflection of QB talent in the league or are defenses struggling with a lack of talent?

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    It's the effect of rule changes that disproportionately favor the offense
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's the effect of rule changes that disproportionately favor the offense
    You are probably right. The other thing I see is the lack of pass rushing. LJ and Herbert looked like they could have an evening tea standing in the pocket. Steelers have done a great job finding and keeping pass rush talent. Without it, DBs are sitting ducks back there.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's the effect of rule changes that disproportionately favor the offense
    exactly. I’m seeing a lot of drives extended on 3rd down due to a lot of bogus roughing calls and PI’s.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You are probably right. The other thing I see is the lack of pass rushing. LJ and Herbert looked like they could have an evening tea standing in the pocket. Steelers have done a great job finding and keeping pass rush talent. Without it, DBs are sitting ducks back there.
    Colts were on LJ for 3 quarters. They just kept having injuries in their defensive backfield to the point they had to play soft and LJ took advantage.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    The Colts were completely incapable of covering the Ravens Tight End, Mark Andrews, in the 4th Q. It was sickening to watch. How do you let a 6'5" guy in a black jersey run totally free play after play. That's going to be some tough film review this week.

    I'd also agree with Felt on the absolute BS roughing the passer calls and PI. The refs can't wait to throw their laundry on the field. And it feels as if a lot of it is them throwing it based on what they think they saw instead of what actually happened. Forget the game but I saw one play where the WR mauled the cornerback but the ref standing behind the play called D PI. Just a ridiculous call.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Defense in todays NFL is about forcing turnovers and fieldgoals. Shutting teams down yardage wise just isnt going to happen.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The Colts were completely incapable of covering the Ravens Tight End, Mark Andrews, in the 4th Q. It was sickening to watch. How do you let a 6'5" guy in a black jersey run totally free play after play. That's going to be some tough film review this week.

    I'd also agree with Felt on the absolute BS roughing the passer calls and PI. The refs can't wait to throw their laundry on the field. And it feels as if a lot of it is them throwing it based on what they think they saw instead of what actually happened. Forget the game but I saw one play where the WR mauled the cornerback but the ref standing behind the play called D PI. Just a ridiculous call.
    Colts defense reminded me of the time the Steelers decided that leaving Gronk uncovered was their best strategy to win....

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's the effect of rule changes that disproportionately favor the offense
    yep and the steelers, their local media and posters on here want to keep drafting defensive players high every year

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    yep and the steelers, their local media and posters on here want to keep drafting defensive players high every year
    I think we were drafting "high" when we selected Jarvis Jones ... or "drunk"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •