Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A nice win

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Monalo View Post
    In this game the OL appears to be building cohesion and playing better as a unit. If this progress continues, I donít think you mess with that chemistry or move players around. Especially if Banner comes back at less than 100%. Both Ts looked better this week. They actually dominated Von Miller and co..
    Banner as the swing T wouldn't be a bad thing. Even bring him in as the extra blocker on occasion, like they used to.
    I agree. OL is young but let them gain confidence after Najee posted his first 100 yard rushing game.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yea. He's been inconsistent with those catches. I don't know if there are drills they can do to improve contested catches but he could really use them. He also falls down a lot on those.
    I guess the good news is that Claypool came to the Steelers still very raw. Played HS ball in Canada, and had to post highlights on YouTube just to get noticed. He only had 150 catches in total in 4 years at Notre Dame, and that includes 66 in his final breakout season. He had more tackles as a freshman than catches.

I'm hoping that he can receive coaching - he is only in his second season - to learn how to better use his size. This game only showed glimpses of what this guy may be capable of on the field, but he has to show us that he can translate massive potential into production more often.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    That was our best effort in ten games. The key is having a game plan that features throwing it beyond the first down marker and using Claypool and Johnson in the mid to deep routes.
    No the key is executing the game plan . Things like passing, blocking, catching, ect.

The Steelers had Wrs down the field at times in every game. They even threw the ball down field in every game. So yeah, down field passes were in the game plan. The execution wasn't on point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LMAO, another great one.....

R-O-C-K to the N-A-J!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Would never have guessed Wormley would make this list, but that is sorely needed with Alualu and Tuitt out.

Looks like Ingram has edged out Highsmith on the list. Another great signing by Colbert.

And Heyward, just a great Steeler DL in a long history of them.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post

LMAO, another great one.....

R-O-C-K to the N-A-J!
    He had me rolling with this one. Pure Gold

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We play better with the lead

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    He had me rolling with this one. Pure Gold
    Just a note we play better with the lead. And we Claypool get involved we score.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    No the key is executing the game plan . Things like passing, blocking, catching, ect.

The Steelers had Wrs down the field at times in every game. They even threw the ball down field in every game. So yeah, down field passes were in the game plan. The execution wasn't on point.
    This!!!! Amazing what happens when players execute
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"