Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A nice win

Legend

User Info Menu

A nice win

Balanced attack on offense and the good ole heart attack ending.

Steeler football!!

Has Bennie Snail caught a pass from Ben yet in his career?
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Definitely a much needed win to stay within the division race.

Legend

User Info Menu

yes, today was a much needed victory.

was the demise of Ben greatly exaggerated, or is he going to be Jekyll and Hyde all season long?
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can’t wait for a post tomorrow about how great Canada is.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Can’t wait for a post tomorrow about how great Canada is.
    I will say it right now, been there many times, Canada is great.

Well...except the NHL teams.

(Sorry Northern_Blitz...with whatever setting me up so nicely, its like a wide open goal..had to take that EASY shot.)
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-10-2021 at 10:47 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yes, today was a much needed victory.

was the demise of Ben greatly exaggerated, or is he going to be Jekyll and Hyde all season long?
    Heís been Jekyll & Hyde the past ~5 years. I donít expect that to change. The key is to avoid making Ben the focus of the offense. He canít carry the team on his shoulders. They did a good job with that today.

Legend

User Info Menu

We had balance on offense today for the first time this season. It was fun to watch.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

game

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    We had balance on offense today for the first time this season. It was fun to watch.
    Finally. A well called game! Going deep was the difference.We still have los of problems though. 4 flags on the OL that I counted between Green and Chucks and spotty coverage. Keep giving Claypool chances. With the defense backed off, Harris had room to run,
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Loved the game plan but would love it even more if we got the TEs even more involved in the passing game. Muth looked great. Gentry looked good. Ebron looked ok
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Heís been Jekyll & Hyde the past ~5 years. I donít expect that to change. The key is to avoid making Ben the focus of the offense. He canít carry the team on his shoulders. They did a good job with that today.
    Let's be honest on Roethlisberger's game yesterday. I counted at least two balls that were in the hands of Bronco DBs that were dropped, add the fumble on the strip sack, and at least two or three well off target throws to open receivers. This could have been a very different outcome. But I give him credit for the TDs he threw. Those were NFL varsity throws.

The reason for the win? They kept Roethlisberger under 30 atts on the day. That's a formula for winning going back to his days under Cowher.